• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Hey, anyone know when the Pathfinder Player's Guide ships?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Got an email from Paizo today saying they expect to begin shipping next week.

Hmmm, wonder if it will get here before my last Dungeon, given that they don't have to ship it as a magazine...

freyar

dagger said:
Will Pathfinder work in FR?

From what they've said, the Paizo folks are trying to make their setting pretty generic, so it shouldn't be too hard to slot in somewhere. That said, they can't offer conversion guides b/c WotC owns the FR IP, but we can always work on it here. ;)

freyar said:
Hmmm, wonder if it will get here before my last Dungeon, given that they don't have to ship it as a magazine...

Probably. Especially since Pathfinder won't be shipped by the (much slower and less reliable) periodicals rate.

It will definitely arrive before my last Dungeon mag. I only just got my subscriber copy of Dragon #357 in the mail yesterday! (Periodicals shipping to Australia can sometimes take up to 3 months. :( )

Olaf the Stout

freyar

Olaf the Stout said:
It will definitely arrive before my last Dungeon mag. I only just got my subscriber copy of Dragon #357 in the mail yesterday! (Periodicals shipping to Australia can sometimes take up to 3 months. :( )

:eek: Yipes! I think my worst is about 6 weeks. My problem is that one issue might come in 2 weeks and another in 6 weeks, which means I have had 2 months in between issues (well almost). This has happened a couple of times, and I've only been subscribing for 6 issues! :confused:

freyar said:
:eek: Yipes! I think my worst is about 6 weeks. My problem is that one issue might come in 2 weeks and another in 6 weeks, which means I have had 2 months in between issues (well almost). This has happened a couple of times, and I've only been subscribing for 6 issues! :confused:

Yeah, periodical rate shipping sucks for international subscribers like myself. At the same time, I'm not in any desperate need for them straight away so I can deal with the wait. It is more the inconsistent delivery times that bother me as I get worried that my issue has gone missing.

Pathfinder shipping will cost a bit more but it should hopefully be more reliable.

Olaf the Stout

Shawn_Kehoe

First Post
catsclaw227 said:
I hope they take advantage of all the GREAT Open Content stuff out there that has been put together by 3rd party companies.

James Jacobs has promised templates from Green Ronin's amazing Advanced Bestiary starting with Pathfinder #2.

Shawn_Kehoe

First Post
freyar said:

Well, Nova Scotia must be a little worse off - I've had issues arrive two months out of sequence. The Paizo crew have always been really good about replacing them though, and the replacements come in an envelope with standard shipping.

An e-mail I received today from paizo stated they'll be shipping the first Pathfinder installment on August 13th and that charter subscribers (those who subscribe to Pathfinder before August 13th) will receive a copy of the Player's Guide to the RotRL along with the first module.

I'm not certain if all copies of Pathfinder will ship on the 13th, or if paizo has some sort of shipping schedule set up.

Treebore

First Post
Shawn_Kehoe said:
James Jacobs has promised templates from Green Ronin's amazing Advanced Bestiary starting with Pathfinder #2.

Plus we should be seeing stuff from the Tome of Horrors 1-4, even if they don't publish any reprints.

Yes, I know ToH 4 hasn't even been published yet, I'm just planning ahead.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads