• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes of Highdale IC

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Blasco "The Wolverine""

He heads the Cleric’s words and makes sure to stay out of plain sight. Although he cannot help but fell that something is simple not right. “I got a bad feeling about this…

Fenris2

First Post
Ilium said:
OOC: I need to look up the rules on your Charm invocation. I don't have books here so it'll be tonight.

OOC:

DC 20 Will save, 60' range, Kay'nar is +6 on opposed Cha tests.
Its charm monster with the caveat that you must be able to communicate with the target. But since Kay'nar has telepathy, that is never an issue for anything charmable anyway... ;-)

And that is correct he will become visible, but compared to having the party go 'squish', he will willingly take risk...

Ilium

First Post
Ok, first thing is the the ogre's save:
...roll...

A big, dumb smile spreads across the fathach's misshapen features as he holds up a finger, clearly indicating to his companion to "wait for it.."

Next, some Spot checks for the other fathachs to see Kay'nar appear briefly
..roll...roll...roll......roll......roll...

One of the ambushers furrows his great brow and slowly looks up, but by the time his gaze is pointed in Kay'nar's direction, the elf has vanished again.

Lousy dice. *grumble grumble*. Anyway, the Charm isn't going to last long, since with the telepathy the ogre basically thinks it was his own idea. You can expect him to be overruled shortly. What do you do?

Fenris2

First Post
Kay'nar sees the ogre wait and zips back down (fly) to the group whispering loudly, "Ogres are ready to trigger a rock slide. I have the guy holding the trap triggerer charmed, but it won't last long..."

OOC:

what sort of weapons do they have?

Ilium

First Post
OOC: Big clubs, mostly. The one who signaled for the rockslide to start was carrying an axe that was big even by fathach standards.

Shayuri

First Post
"A rockslide?" Alex says in dismay. "Down on our heads? That I think we can agree would be a bad thing...just a moment..."

She starts digging around in her satchel.

"I know I have -something- in here...ah...the pocket d-jumper, but I could only bring three others along using that. Pernicious Metabolic Accelerator...might be handy if we all want to run. It'd speed us all up. Or...or..." A startled look crosses her spectacled face as she peers upward and shades her eyes.

"I wonder. Ah...you. Kay'nar? Yes. How many rocks, and how big were they? I may have the perfect spell for this."

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"What are you thinking?" Girble stays clear of the area, still looking at the clearing. "If they know we've bypassed the area, they're just going to warn the other ogres that we're coming. Either we have to go through undetected or we have to take care of the ambushers."

Shayuri

First Post
"Well, when I found we'd be climbing a mountain, I thought it'd be a good idea to prepare an application of Jarzden's Minor Antigravity Aura," Alex replies, pulling an odd-looking contraption out of her satchel and adjusting it.

"Normally, you cast it on friends if they slip and fall...down pits, mountain sides, and so on...it can save a lot of time mending broken bones. But there's no reason I couldn't cast it on falling rocks instead. It would slow their fall to the point of harmlessness...the catch is that I can only affect a dozen or so at a time so far."

She peers up the rock face again. "Still...a good sized rockslide wouldn't have too many BIG rocks, would it? Only a few really dangerous ones...the rest would just be dirt and gravel. Relatively harmless."

Fenris2

First Post
Shayuri said:
"Well, when I found we'd be climbing a mountain, I thought it'd be a good idea to prepare an application of Jarzden's Minor Antigravity Aura," Alex replies, pulling an odd-looking contraption out of her satchel and adjusting it.

Kay'nar just shakes his head smiling in bemusement but then realizes noone can see him, so he says to all, "Its going to be a big rock slide! Run, fly, teleport up to the ogres on the ledge... But do it now, don't sit and debate it. I am off to go snipe at them."

With that Kay'nar flys to a spot well away from the ogre's reach (50' feet or so, and not in line of fire of the landslide of course) and prepares to blast 'em, looking for a shaman or leader type.

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"I... suppose he's not going to wait for us." Girble holds his symbol to Yondalla and says a prayer. "So, you going to send us up there, Alex?"

ooc: Divine Power

Remove ads