• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Effects that can make an incorporeal undead corporeal?

The Thayan Menace

First Post
Worse Case Scenario / Plot Hammering

Look ... I don't know your DM, but, from what I've seen so far, I wouldn't be surprised if they have something really malicious in mind.

What if the only way to permanently lay this ghost to rest is through the death of this female NPC?

In any event, an adventure that absolutely requires the use of a certain NPC sounds rather limiting and poorly written if you ask me.

Psion

Adventurer
sukael said:
Are there any spells that can make an incorporeal undead turn corporeal, at least for a limited amount of time?

Well, I don't have my motp handy, but doesn't Make Manifest do that?

sukael

First Post
Psion said:

All that would do is forcibly manifest the ghost (not that that's necessarily a bad thing, I'll keep it in mind), but it would stay incorporeal...

Mmm. Make Manifest + ghost touch net = insta-ghost capture...

The Thayan Menace

First Post
No Manifestation Spell That I Know Of

Psion said:
I checked; it doesn't.

"For example, a ghost brought in from the Ethereal Plane would retain its incorporeal nature ...." (MotP, p. 36).

sukael

First Post
Like I said, she seems to have nasty mental issues with him and the whole being-tortured-in-prison thing, and it's looking like the quickest way to get her over them (at least, enough so to pull ahead forward with this miniplot) is to have her be the one to finally kill (destroy) him...

The Thayan Menace

First Post
A Simple Plan

Look, if any of your party members destroys this ghost ... it won't bother her anymore ... end of story ....

Why trust her to do it? She sounds like an incompetent whiner.

Last edited:

The Thayan Menace

First Post
You Know What to Do (Fight Plot-Railroading)

sukael said:
Like I said, she seems to have nasty mental issues with him ....
1. Waste the ghost ... yourself. That should put her at ease.

2. If it doesn't, repeatedly cast remove fear on the NPC until she stops blubbering.

3. If #1 and #2 don't work, then dust her worthless hide and interrogate her corpse via soul shackles or speak with dead.

Problem solved .... :cool:

IcyCool

First Post
The Thayan Menace said:
1. Waste the ghost ... yourself. That should put her at ease.

2. If it doesn't, repeatedly cast remove fear on the NPC until she stops blubbering.

3. If #1 and #2 don't work, then dust her worthless hide and interrogate her corpse via soul shackles or speak with dead.

Problem solved .... :cool:

It sounds like this is something that sukael and his fellow players have come up with, not a railroaded adventure. I get the impression that SHE doesn't have to kill him, but that the players think that if she kills him, she'll be a whole lot better.

I have to admit, I'm curious if there is a way to turn an incorporeal creature into a corporeal one, aside from Polymorph Any Object.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads