OSR Dolmenwood Books

Paka

Explorer
Looking forward to running a first session tonight.

Robin Hood-style outlaw posse out to save their friend who was caught criming in Nodding Castle and is being transported to Castle Castle Brackenwold for beheading.

The character names are just delicious:
Inspirator Lockhorne, Breggle Thief
Princess* Donut Cottonsocks - Grimalkin Enchanter
Dream of Remembrance aka Moraine - Elf Knight
Ebbi Mushrump - Mossling Hunter

Digging into the hexes during prep was really fun.

Paka

Explorer
First session went really well. I'm charmed by Dolmenwood.

LINK to blog post.

Princess* Donut Cottonsocks – Grimalkin Enchanter
Dream of Remembrance aka Moraine – Elf Knight
Ebbi Mushrump – Mossling Hunter

tl;dr: The trio met in the Mermaid’s Arms in Dreg, ate some stew, set out to save their friend-in-common, Tamrin; met and charmed the leader of 13 thieves before stopping for the night at the Jaunty Horn Inn.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
First session went really well. I'm charmed by Dolmenwood.

LINK to blog post.
The 13 thieves remind me of a sequence in Jack Vance's Lyonesse, where a hero escapes from being a prisoner/slave in an enemy nation, along with a whole gang of others, and they trek back homeward through the enchanted forest Tantrevalles. One by one, various wonders, dangers and bewitchments whittle down the numbers of the group as they travel...

Paka

Explorer
The 13 thieves remind me of a sequence in Jack Vance's Lyonesse, where a hero escapes from being a prisoner/slave in an enemy nation, along with a whole gang of others, and they trek back homeward through the enchanted forest Tantrevalles. One by one, various wonders, dangers and bewitchments whittle down the numbers of the group as they travel...
I'm reading Suldrun's Garden and will likely read Lyonesse next. Thanks for the head's up. Looking forward to getting to that.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
I'm reading Suldrun's Garden and will likely read Lyonesse next. Thanks for the head's up. Looking forward to getting to that.
Ah! I hope that doesn't feel like a spoiler. I love those books. Tied with LotR for my favorite fantasy series.

Remove ads