• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Competition] War of the Burning Sky Map

resistor

First Post
Here is my 80% complete version. I'll continue to update that link as I add the finishing touches.

To see the absurdly high resolution version, click the "Full Size" button.

WARNING: This is the DM's map. I haven't exported a player's version, but it's pretty trivial to do.

Last edited:

helium3

First Post
What is the "Heart of History". Like, not in detail, but what is it physically? For some reason I think it's a big chasm. Is that correct?

helium3

First Post
Mine's all done.

I posted a .jpg at photobucket at half the original resolution. Stupid website wouldn't let me post anything bigger without paying them money.

I put it together with inkscape and the original is an .svg file, so everything in it is a vector object and can be moved around, re-ordered, resized and otherwise monkeyed with.

Oh, and it's the DM version so "FER GAWD SAKES AVERT YER EYES!!!!" if you're a player. :)

Saba Taru

Explorer
I do have a question. It won't affect my map, but I thought I throw this out in case anyone else was a bit confused. If you are a player and your GM would frown on knowing what was in the free GM guide, stop reading now. :)

In the timeline section on the pdf's page 7 (page 8 if you count the cover) for March, it says that the capital of the Northern Shahalesti state is Nacaan. For April it says that the army captures Nacaan and heads for the capital of Calanis, which is the one that is on all the maps. Are there two capitals, or am I missing something?

Ok. HERE is my offering. As the material is written, it seemed to me that most of what was contained in the player's guide should already be on the map (since it's mentioned or illustrated there anyway) and what was in the GM's guide was merely supplemental (like the name of that mountain range). I see nothing on the full map that I wouldn't let my players see to start with, especially if they're supposed to flee from North to South, and this way they have some control over where they decide to go (and I can fill in the pieces as they travel).

Just to be on the safe side, however, I have this in a layered .psd file that I can send to anyone that is interested (and that has a program that will read Photoshop CS2 native files). It's easy to turn on and off what you want to see/have hidden. I've flattened the image to post as a .jpg, however.

As my playstyle is not the same as others, please don't look if you don't want to be spoiled. This is what many would consider the GM's version of the map.

Saba

Last edited:

tovokas

First Post
Well, here's mine...

I've been visiting EnWorld for years... but I think this is the first time I've ever participated in anything. ;)

I've posted the map in a number of different sizes to:

http://marrnet.com/burningsky

I've tried to keep the details fairly spare to keep from tying a GM's hands.

Tovokas

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
These entries are great, folks!

I'm currently compiling them on one page for convenience's sake - it's easy to see them all at a glance that way. I'll continue to add entries to that page until the deadline.

http://www.enworld.org/index.php?page=wotbsmaps

If your map is missing, miscredited, or I have an older version, please feel free to shout at me and make sure I get the right one up there!

Remove ads