[Competition] War of the Burning Sky Map

TogaMario

First Post
Would you like both a player and DM version of the same map?

Edit: Oh, and is there any specific size/resolution you're looking for? Final format? etc

Last edited:

kensanata

Explorer
Submission

Edit: Replaced call for collaborators with my submission entries.

377496890_81afcf9e8e_m.jpg

Flickr Page with the real map. Click on "All Sizes" to get to the high-res map. Done with the Gimp, with different layers for the ocean, the colors, and the ink only. There are no labels, borders, and no compass rose.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
JVisgaitis said:
Any chance of getting the B&W map back up there? Its a lot easier to manipulate in Painter and Photoshop. Thanks.

Sure. I've attached it below.

Would you like both a player and DM version of the same map?

Can do - I think it would be a factor which swayed me. :)

Edit: Oh, and is there any specific size/resolution you're looking for? Final format? etc

The bigger and higher res, the better. We can always shrink it for web use, but a map which gives us more optins on use is more useful.

Attachments

• BW-Map_copy.jpg
    BW-Map_copy.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:

TogaMario

First Post
Note: This is not a submission, simply a question about progress.

Mr. Morrus, could you take a look at what I have so far and tell me whether or not the style is something that will be considered for the contest. It's half-sized of the original and I started at the bottom (on the island) with the detailing, and I'm working my way up. The problem is, it's taking me a little while and I don't want to spend too much time on it if it's not at all what you're looking for, lol. Thanks

Map so far, half-sized (~800kb)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
TogaMario said:
Mr. Morrus,

That's not my name!

could you take a look at what I have so far and tell me whether or not the style is something that will be considered for the contest. It's half-sized of the original and I started at the bottom (on the island) with the detailing, and I'm working my way up. The problem is, it's taking me a little while and I don't want to spend too much time on it if it's not at all what you're looking for, lol. Thanks

Map so far, half-sized (~800kb)

Sure - any style is appropriate. I'm hoping to see a wide variety of styles and methods.

TogaMario

First Post
I know it's not :) I'm not Mr. Toga, but it's been with me a long time, heh. Be glad you never get called Mr. T :p And thank you, I will continue work on it, then!

Last edited:

Remove ads