[Competition] War of the Burning Sky Map

Pbartender

First Post
Two requests, Morrus...

Can you post a copy of the "colored" map, but without all the labels on it?

And can you post brief -- spoilered, of course -- descriptions of the "Adventure Icon" locations?

We don't have a version of the former, but the next time I get in touch with Sean I'll ask if it wouldn't be too hard for him to cut them out.

As for the latter, I can help.

[sblock]
1. Seaquen is a small coastal town on the edge of a swampy peninsula. In the town is a school for magic users called Lyceum, which becomes the focal point of the resistance against the Ragesians. While armies fight their battles, diplomats, spies, and adventurer-types gravitate to Seaquen. Under the town are fiery steam tunnels, and there are rumors that the school was built over the ruins of an elementalist's tomb.

2. The Monastery of Two Winds (which I just realized is misspelled on our version of the map, d'oh) is besieged by an arm of the Ragesian army, and the heroes might ally with the monks, or might grow suspicious of them as they investigate the disappearance of an envoy from Seaquen. The monks there have a wind theme, and are divided into two styles - fierce east wind and gentle west wind.

3. Castle Korstull is built into the wall of a canyon, with an upper level built overhead, intended to defend against any sort of attack, even aerial. The whole area is currently awash in negative energy and fire that rains from a planar rift in the sky. Undead prowl the castle -- the remains of its original garrison -- but the heroes must delve into it in order to find out what happened to the Torch of the Burning Sky.

4. Ycengled and Temple is the Ycengled Forest, a frigid, almost frozen forest, haunted by the ghosts of elves who were tortured there for refusing to give up a secret. The Temple of Echoed Souls lies at its edge, overgrown by twisted trees. Once it was a training temple, where ascetics found enlightenment and mastered dream magic, but now it is cursed. Yet the heroes must go here to find the fatal weakness of their enemy.

5. The Scourge Prison is in frozen taiga. The mages captured by Ragesia's scourge are kept here, driven mad by strange experiments in agony.

6. The Heart of History is where the campaign (probably) comes to a climax. Time is funny there.
[/sblock]

By the way, the regional map already has errata. We misspelled "monastery," and the mountains in Dassen are off just a little. Since different groups will play in different settings with different geography, I think a map that is too precise might be counter productive, but I'm going to try to get these errors fixed promptly.

Me personally, I'm hoping someone submits something old-fashioned and 'Here there be dragons'-ish.

Last edited:

helium3

First Post
Heh. I didn't realize that a vastly more detailed color map had been posted. Now my map is simply very "stylistic" and not very accurate.

TogaMario

First Post
@ RangerWickett - You say the mountains in Dassen are a little off, you mean you want them more towards the border or what? Thanks :D

Remove ads