• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Aarrgh! Paizo GR sale

Greg K

Legend
Nooooo! Since my friend was going to be late on his holiday shopping, I went to purchase the Advanced Bestiary which had been in my shopping cart and it is no longer available. It's official after the past two years, I hate this time of year. Ok. I just needed to vent.

Frost

First Post
Yep, keep checking. For example, the Egyptian campaign setting has bounced back and forth between unavailable and available.

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
Same thing happened to me on a couple books I wanted. Check back a few times per day and you might catch it back in stock. No idea why it does that unless it is people putting them in/taking them out of carts or something.

Treebore

First Post
Yeah, I waited two weeks for 3 out of stocks books to come in, then another book that had been pending was cancelled, which ended up being fine because I realized I already have it.
Then my order arrived last Thursday.

So don't give up hope unless it says "cancelled". Plus they responded to my e-mail asking for clarification on what pending, etc... meant in two working days. Using their messageboards is pretty darn effective too.

I have had a problem with my order at Paizo with this sale. My problem was caused by Paizo's ordering system. Under their system, if you place an order and one of the items in your order is out of stock your whole order waits while they restock the item. That's ok, except that the other items in your order that are in stock are not set aside for you. This means that by the time they get the out of stock item in, one of your other items may be out of stock and the cycle repeats itself.

While you wait, other people who placed their orders days or weeks after you, with some of the exact same items as you could get their books sent out (provided they don't pick something out of stock like you did). In my case, while I waited on a backordered book, enough people ordered Crisis in Freeport that it sold out. So this meant that while I ordered my copy on the 16th November and missed out, others who may have placed their order weeks after mine got a copy. That I think is unfair.

Overall I think I was one of the lucky ones. Some other people missed out on more than just the one product. My order finally shipped today so I know that my products will make it to me now. There is a thread discussing the situation here on the Paizo messageboards for anyone that is interested. The main discussion starts about 4 posts down. It's remained pretty civil so far, despite many posters being upset about missing out on books.

Olaf the Stout

Psion

Adventurer
Olaf the Stout said:
Under their system, if you place an order and one of the items in your order is out of stock your whole order waits while they restock the item. That's ok, except that the other items in your order that are in stock are not set aside for you. This means that by the time they get the out of stock item in, one of your other items may be out of stock and the cycle repeats itself.

Yeah, I had this happen to me. One pair of books was backordered, then by the time they were available a different pair was backorder. By the time my order shipped (yesterday), all those came available, but Skull & Bones was out of print. (Which isn't a huge deal, since I already have a copy, but at that price, I thought it would be worth having a second copy around to help out any players should a game come about.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads