• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So how much does WotC get out of you per year?

How much Wizards stuff do you buy?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Since the other thread here was more misunderstood than your average villain was as a child, I thought I'd remake the poll.

This time, you vote for you as an individual (not the group), and everything D&D counts: Books, Modules, Tiles, Novels, Minis. How much WotC material do you buy in a year?

Kae'Yoss

First Post
BlackMoria said:
You forgot the poll.... or was there supposed to be one? At any rate, I buy about 6 products from WOTC a year.

Nah, it's coming: You first have to post the thread, and then get to make the poll, so there's always a small delay.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
Over the past 3 years I would say I have spent about $120 on WoTC material total, so about $40 per year.

Most of my purchases have been of products from other companies.

charlesatan

Explorer
I usually buy one book a month from them (which is getting harder and harder when your local distributor isn't distributing them) which is a big investment on my part becomes it comes around to $40 a book and I used to earn $200 a month.

Nebulous

Legend
not much on books (not anymore, i'm tired of them actually) but i spend a lot on minis as they can be used with any tabletop adventure. I use a lot of DDM minis for Cthulhu.

Hussar

Legend
I buy about 1 book a year. I get my gaming goodies from Dragon and Dungeon. In the past two years or so, I bought the World's Largest Dungeon (AEG), Tome of Magic and recently the PHB II. It takes some stellar reviews to make me open the piggy bank for new books.

Mercule

Adventurer
diaglo said:
novels too? :uhoh:

Are there any worth reading? (Not a rhetorical question. Forgotten Realms immediately disqualifies it for me, BTW.)

I've slowed down my purchases. A couple years ago, it would have been $200-300+. Now, it's right around $100. This year might be less. Most of the reason for the slow down is that I now feel like I've got enough rules that I'll never be able to explore all the permutations of situations and characters covered, and there are very few things necessary things (traps, statuses, special attacks, environment effects, etc.) that aren't covered acceptably well.

Remove ads