• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Spiked Drink

jbear

First Post
OOC: Sorry you are right to chide me. I apologise. My tone was way out of line. It just felt like neither of the halfling PCs were wanting to engage with the scene. I know its a busy time of year. Sorry once again. I'll take a chill pill and be fine :D

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
OOC: I think we're better off with anything Relic has to say than Holphin, so I'm more than happy to hold off jumping into the discussion until later. Won't be long, I'm sure.

jackslate45

First Post
GM: To be fair, I should have told Songdragon she leveled a LOOONG time ago. I did not realize this until I did Time XP at the end of November. Two new product launches does that. However, December seems to be calming down, which is a good thing for you guys!

Maruis's demeanor changes when Rulkelp's name is mentioned. A flash of anger races across his face before he says "Yes, Rulkelp. I have heard of his recent arrest. Makes me sick to my stomach that he was doing something like that. I threw out all the potions he gave me as soon as I heard, which was a costly error to be sure. Our last meeting was over a month ago, as our little incident with the Pesh trade become more important than buying potions. He was his usual happy self, excited to once again be assisting us. If I had known Rulkelp was selling poisoned drinks, I would have seen to justice myself."

Saranna's inquiry seems to catch him off guard, but responds with "This young sailor was washed up on shore a week ago, burned so badly it was a miracle he was still alive. The two who found him brought him here immediately, and I have been treating him ever since. The first few nights he was hallucinating about the fire he got caught in, but he finally was able to sleep somewhat peacefully 2 nights previous. As for cots or beds, ours are currently in use for other sick patients. "

Songdragon

Explorer
The halfling watches as the cleric tells the party of what he knows of Rulkelp.

(( Sense Motive 1d20+7=17 ))

"So you believe that he is responsible? It has been said he claims he knew nothing of the poisoned potions. That he had been set up." Saranna adds to gauge the man's reply.

jbear

First Post
Relic awaits for the priest to answer Saranna's question studying the man thoughtfully as he speaks whilst trying to keep his face free of scowls. He nods at the mans response not in agreement, but as an affirmation that his words have been heard and weighed. Then he speaks.

"Incident with the Fish Trade? I wasn't aware there had been anincident with the fishing industry..." Relic pauses inviting explanation. Once satisfied the priest has nothing further to offer in way of clarification he adds:

"Marius, did Rulkelp mention that his shipment had been lost at sea? And that he was having no luck in finding alternative suppliers here in Vezna?"

Again Relic pauses awaiting the priest's reply before continuing.

"I ask, because Rulkelp said that it was you who helped him make contact with a new supplier. And much more recently than a month ago. Very recently in fact. He said you were the go between to a woman. A half-elf with a scorpion charm hung at her neck. Rulkelp claims that this women supplied him with the poisoned stock, which he then distrubuted none the wiser. The woman's name may begin with E ... his memory was .... vague at certain points. If you have any knowledge of this or can affirm that even the slightest bit of it is true we need to know. We are certain Rulkelp can not have done this alone. Which means the others involved are at this moment walking free. Free and with more murder on their mind. If you have any knowledge of a woman who fits this description, we need to know. It is vital we talk to her. And it is vital we talk to the burnt man."

jackslate45

First Post
"Responsible or not, guilty or innocent, I will not deal with someone who is under suspicion of something so cowardly as poisoning customers. IF Rulkelp was set up, I am guessing you will prove it." Marius states to Saranna's inquiry.

When Relic asks about the fish trade, Marius shakes his head "What little I do know from the poor soul's nightmares is only what he screams when he wakes up. It does not seem to be the local fishing trade, but rather a shipment company who is based in the city."

Marius then listens as Relic asks his second question. A slight eyebrow raise before answering with "I was unaware, as I had to deal with the aftermath of my own problems. I wish I had known, as I could have lent him some supplies. Losing a shipment at sea would have cost him immensely."

It is not until Relic's last question that Marius starts to show some interest in the discussion. He stares at Relic, his eyes seeming to evaluate the man some time before saying "I see." He stands up, and goes over to altar, and starts looking for something.

"I will warn you, his mind is still very much effected from the trauma. I will need your help holding him down if it comes to that." Marius calls from behind the altar

[sblock=Saranna]A small amount of sadness is displayed in Marius's face as he talks about Rulkelp. As the conversation went on, Marius seemed to realize why you were here. The slight concern you saw in his eyes as Relic asks to wake the burned man is relived by a sense of duty and justice. If the real culprit can be caught because of this, he will gladly assist you. [/sblock]

[sblock=Relic]
Diplomacy: You have convinced Marius to wake a traumatized third degree burn patient. Grats :p

Know Local: Rumor has it that a man was found washed up at the docks 2 nights ago, claiming to have been attacked by a female silver haired elf wearing a scorpion medallion. She was accompanied by a man in priestly vestments. After setting the boat aflame, the pair of them went below deck, but never came back up. The man was last seen at the temple of Hinotheus. And now you are going to soon be hearing the account first hand.
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
Relic nods his head in agreement wondering what it might mean that Marius should avoid addressing Rulkelp's mention that he was the contact to the scorpion. He watches the priest retrieve whatever it is he is getting from behind the altar with thoughtful consideration and a good dose of suspicion.

"I am happy to assist however I can. I do hope once we have spoken with the burnt man you will share your knowledge with us as well."

Already standing near the witness Relic patiently awaits for Marius to approach, however he can't help but let the hand not resting on his staff stray to his belt, where it gently tugs open his pouch of spell components.

jackslate45

First Post
Standing up from the altar, Marius seemes to have found what he was looking for: a empty goblet. Speaking quietly in a soft prayer to his god, the glass fills to the brim with clear water (DC 15 Spellcraft check ID's as Create Water). Kneeling next to the man, Marius attempts to wake him.

It takes some time for the sleeping sailor to finally wake up, but he did so with startling cry of anguish and fear. He looks around, seeing the unfamiliar faces watching him, and cowers up in a ball, hand around his knees, shivering in fear.

"Young one, I have water for you..." the sailor shakes his head vigorously saying
"Not gonna help no sir. Bad dream, thats this. illusions, trying to make me drink it. I KNOW WHAT YOU DID!" he shouts, pointing and yelling at someone standing behind Relic. "FIEND! AFTER WHAT WE DID! THIS IS OUR REWARD?! No, this dream, I can prove it. No wood, therefore not at sea, therefore dream. YOUR LYING DAMMIT AND I CAN PROVE IT! I DON'T KNOW WHOSE SUPPLY!"

A scream of terror, and the sailor begins to weep, saying "Not gonna die not gonna die not gonna" over and over.

Last edited:

Remove ads