• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Spiked Drink

jackslate45

First Post
GM: Aww, I wanted to Daylily to finish that sentence.I would have tried to send him to jail...

Urdrak had started reaching for his sword when Saranna intervened, which gave Follet time to step in front of the half-orc, arms across his front with an obvious attempt to stop an argument or fight from ensuring

In a somewhat angry tone, Follet says to Saranna and Daylily "While you may have permission to be here, I will not allow the obvious provocation your companion was attempting. Remember, sir elf, that you are not the only one who speaks your language. "

Taking a deep breath, he continues, his calm manner returning "I apologize for Urdrak's behavior," Urdark mumbles something in Orcish, that none of you understand, but is obvious he is not sorry " but I would recommend wrapping your investigation now. We did not know about it, and we would also like to conduct our own investigation."

Urdrak, hand still on his sword, glares evilly at Daylily. Neither Follet or Urdrak seemed to have heard Holphin's question about who was guarding the front.

[sblock=Relic]
Most of these books are ledgers of old records, however the few that deal with the natural world are more healing in Nature. There is one book that seems to deal with treating with various types of poisons from the natural world, but none that seem to actually deal with creating poisons.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Daylily's eyes flick to the half-orc's sword, and he sneers in disdain. He cracks his knuckles in anticipation and balls his hands into fists, not even bothering to reach for either the huge hammer or the huge axe strapped to his back. As Follet steps in, the barbarian bristles at the half-elf's tone, and steps forward with clearly a lot to say.

[sblock=ooc]In addition to being completely racist toward half-orcs and having zero respect for Whitecloaks, Daylily doesn't much care for city elves. Follet's line about speaking Elven is absolutely a trigger for Daylily, and if you thought the line about Urdrak's mother was a provocation, you ain't seen nothing yet, because there's a blistering comeback in the works.

So, anyone who wants to get Daylily out of here better hurry, because otherwise we're about to clear the benches.[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Seeing the burly elven barbarian step forward draws a sigh from the halfling who takes it upon herself to step down hard on the elf's foot. She looks up with her blue eyes looking ever so apologetic, "Oh no. I am sorry Daylily," ((Bluff 1d20+8=16, she really isn't... ))

She turns to the half-elf, "Thank you for your consideration in this matter. I will take my friend here outside while the rest finish up. It is best if this matter not escalate, for all of us." She bows to Follet.

She looks to Daylily and points to the door and from someone so small she makes a big impression and says in a stern and angry tone, "Out! Now! Or I leave you to your fate and we are done with you." She then turns and and glares at the half-orc knowing full well his intent and stomps out of the room.

Systole

First Post
Daylily's eyes never leave Follet's, but the barbarian exhales slowly through his nose and he walks outside after Saranna, his knuckles white. "Think not tae call upon my fate, Tiny Hunter, for e'en though I've clan and sacred name, my fate is mine own. And I am nae so sure my fate would have been worse served for delivering a most educational thrashin' to the beef willies, both the beastie and the forsaken. Ye ken? Now ye got wee bits o' paper aplenty, so I suggest ye lead on afore I change my mind."

jbear

First Post
Relic wanders out of the concealed office with annoyance splashed across his face, visible for the world to see. He grumbles something as he kneels back down near the crates, his joints creaking and popping with the effort, to take a sample of a bottle with contagion, one with poison and one with the unidentified floating scunge and a random bottle unmarked with an X.

Getting back to his feet with the help of his staff and a loud groan, he decides to give an annoyed grandfatherly lecture to the WHitecloaks before leaving the store.

"Yes, I imagine we have cast new light upon the situation finding Rukelp's office. A glaring oversight on your part you will no doubt wished to be hushed. You probably noticed that some of these bottles contain a very powerful spell called contagion. Not to mention some bear a very advanced and deadly poison. Or perhaps you didn't ... since you failed to even find a poorly concealed door. You will probably note upon checking Rukelp's office that there is absolutely nothing in there to suggest the man is a caster of any kind, nor any text that describes in any shape or form the concoction of even the mildest of poisons, much less one as insidious as used in these bottles. Which means he could not have made these ghastly concoctions by himself. You will however find several lists of Rukelp's clients, and if you pay attention to the nature of those clients, you will realise his clientbase is made up of the rich and powerful of Vezna. Gentleman, Rukelp, whether guilty or not, did not act alone. One of you needs to inform the Lieutenant immeadiately of the fact that there are far more dangerous people than Rukelp behind this plot. It is clear their targets are Rukelp's clients: the noble class, the wealthy, the ruling class. And if I were to hazard a guess, they may have only just begun. If you don't believe me ... then go ahead and waste more precious time and investigate. It's all in there, if you know where to look. But I have my doubts that you both do. One of you looks like they have strong and swift legs, born for bearing messages of import swiftly to ears in need of warning. Weigh my words, and your conscience carefully. People's lives are in the balance. Farewell, gentlemen. We will go and do what else we can where else we can."

Feeling better for having got that off his chest Relic strides towards the door. Outside he says to his companions:

"We need to make haste to this temple and talk with this aquaintance of yours Daylilly. Which way is it?"

Songdragon

Explorer
She looks to the elf, "Very well then." She says with a charming smile, but her demeanor changes to something deadly serious as she says, "But know should you endanger me with your inability to hold your tongue or temper, I will let whomever wants you, have you. I believe you need to understand that your actions affect others and can suffer for it. I will not speak of this again, the next time, you will be left on your own."

As the others exit Rukelps place the halfling is again smiling and the charming woman that all know.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
As Holphin and Emet pass through the threshold back outside, there is a bit of a flash--and only the tiny halfling emerges.

"To the temple, then?"

jackslate45

First Post
Urdrak and Follet say nothing as Relic berates them about doing their jobs. Urdrak is holding back whatever retort he has, and Follet is holding back Urdrak. As the rest of you pile out the shop, Follet can be heard ordering Urdrak to do something, and seconds later Urdrak is standing outside, hands folded over his chest, back on guard duty, while Follet can be seen running out toward the direction of the Whitecloak's headquarters.

The trip to the temple takes you to to the slums of Ranocchio district, where people give you curious looks while walking with such an odd group. Navigating the streets with a familiarity, Daylily heads towards the temple of the Flame Wolf, Hinotheus. A gray tower sits next to a surprisingly clean plaza. A wolf's head wreathed in flames above oak double doors stares down at you, as though it is watching the plaza with fervor. The double door that serves as the entrance stands open, inviting you all inside.

The room is dimly lit by the light of hundreds of orange torches, casting the illusion of being surrounded by the glow of fires. A stone altar stands in the middle, surrounded by stone benches.

On one of the stone benches, a man is laying down, sleeping. While the smell of seared flesh lingers in the hall, the man's skin appears healed. A priest in robes sits with his back to you, and turns as he hears your footsteps. Standing up, he says "Newcomers to the temple? How can I...wait a second. You." the preist says, standing up, looking questioningly at Daylily. "I remember you."

jbear

First Post
Relic nods at the priest as he enters, giving a warm smile and raising his hand in a gesture of salute as he moves towards the altar. Kneeling at the altar he takes out a candle which he lights on one of the burning torches, discretely breaking a lump of wax from the bottom of the candle before placing it with the burning torches. Lowering his head and clasping his hands solemnly, Relic's lips begin to move silently as though whispering a prayer to the Flame Wolf.

[sblock=Relic's silent prayer] Relic is casting Ghost Sound to create a whisper directly inside the sleeping man's ear: "Wake now, trusted friends have arrived. You must tell them of your ordeal with the scorpion woman. They will bring you justice."

He repeats it insistently hoping the man will wake from his slumber and speak with them.

[/sblock]

He remains kneeling in prayer until his companions finish their introductions with the priest or the sleeping man awakes from his sleep.

Systole

First Post
"Aye, Speaker..." he begins in Elven. He catches himself and begins again in Common. "Yes, Speaker of Sun Wolf. I am Daylily of Clan Falshenaya. I was come before to helping for find cubs of Sun Wolf, but spirits tells Elder Little Brother that I was must guard the Snake Daughter. So he taked away my promise and send me to help the Snake Daughter to finding a house."

He shrugs. "The reason of spirit for this is strange to me. But I am hear that Elder Little Brother is return, so your cubs is safe, yes?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads