• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Spiked Drink

jbear

First Post
OOC: Relic has plenty to say but he really wants to talk to the sleeping man and I felt like letting the others drive the NPC interaction this time and admittedly I like messing around with cantrips :)

Songdragon

Explorer
Entering the temple the halfling with press her hands together and bow in a formal manner. She watches Relic move off to the alter but she remains with the group.

She has to wonder to herself, 'I wonder why we are here?' She looks back and forth at the odd exchange between the elf and the priest.

jackslate45

First Post
The priest opens his mouth to reply when the sleeping man stirs. He looks on, seeing if the man awakes, but he still seems to be sleeping for now.

Turning back to Daylily the priest continues with "Yes, your old companions were successful, and they have been rewarded because of it. I was somewhat surprised with how they handled it, but we will leave it at that."

His looks at the other companions before saying "Are these the companions you worked with at that time? I am Marius, the chief cleric here. How can I assist you?"

The sleeping man stirs once more, and seems to mumble something about fires before turning over on his side

Systole

First Post
Daylily motions to Relic. "Elder Storyteller was being there. And afters that, we haves many adveentoorz together, me and the Elder Storyteller. To finding the house. To finding the founting pen. To rescue the small piece of paper and then to lets the evil spirit-talker live. Elder Storyteller cans explains." Daylily pauses, struggling with the words. "Probably, Elder Storyteller will explains for very long time, even if you are not so interest. Explaining the things is the great skill of Elder Storyteller."

He nods at Saranna. "Also, the Tiny Hunter was at the last adveentoorz, and she is much good at finding many arrows. The other tiny person I know only for small time, but he is friend of Stonefather's kin."

"Now, we are hunt for something about bad drink that maybe the burning man is knowing, for to make safe the very stupid maker of the bad drink. Personal, I was think the drinks to be not so bad, only having a not nice aftertasting." He belches lavender, and winces. "Aiergh! I am much regret the tasting now. Is like greenfruit when goings down, but is like rotberry when comings up."

jbear

First Post
Relic gets back to his feet with a loud groan, his back arching and popping as the bones move back into their rightful place. As he lets his staff go momentarily to grasp his lower back wincing with pain, it balances for a second before toppling to the ground towards the bench of the sleeping man where it hits the ground with a loud whack.

"Curse me for an old fool! I'm sorry" he says perhaps a little too loudly for such a solemn place as he scurries to regather his fallen staff. He turns to the priest, talking across the room in a raised voice. "Well met, Marius! As Daylilly has begun to explain, we have become embroiled in a strange quest and the unravelling of its mystery has brought us to you and your temple. Have you ever heard the name Rulkelp? And if you do know the name, and have met the man, could you perhaps speak to us of your last meeting with him and the nature of your conversation. We hate to pry, but he finds himself in quite the mess."

OOC: I prefer to find out a little of what he knows before we tell him to much of what we know.

jbear

First Post
OOC: Edit: What I should have said: In case you are unsure why we are in the temple: Rulkelp said that a certain Marius was the go between with the scorpion woman who gave him the poisoned supplies. Also Saranna heard a rumor of that a burnt man was found floating in the water near the docks. This man said something about a scorpion woman and a priest entering the boat where the man was burnt. That man is apparantly now here in this temple.

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
(( A note: If I were to go with my gut reaction to how the comments come across, it would not be nice, but I am not. :D That said, it is a busy time of year, and while I knew there had to be a reason I could not recall what. My apologies. I will go back and re-read. ))

The halfling looks to Marius and in an accented common greets the priest, "A pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am Saranna." She bows her head.

She looks to the man on the bench, "Is the gentleman alright? Perhaps he should have a cot or a bed?"

((Leveling up now... Thanks :) ))

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads