• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General D&D "influencers" need to actively acknowledge other games.

Oofta

Legend
I think I'd look up "sarcasm" were I you.

I think you should look up "It doesn't matter if it could be interpreted as sarcastic because it doesn't change the post I was responding to in the least. They doubled down on what they said, that D&D being dominant is unhealthy. "

Well, okay, maybe that's a bit long winded. I still disagree.

Oofta

Legend
We’re talking about different things. I’m talking about rules light, ultra-light, and one-page games. You’re talking about anything that isn’t D&D. There’s overlap, sure. But they are not the same thing.

Also, read this thread. People are talking about how bad rules light games are.

I don’t see anyone trashing D&D. I do see people saying they wish people would get out of the D&D bubble and try more games. I also see people mentioning how playing a game designed to do a specific thing should be played when D&D doesn’t handle that thing well. None of that is an “attack” on D&D.

I don't remember anyone saying one page RPGs are terrible. I said they're fun in small doses but aren't anything I could see playing long term.

Plenty of people tell us that we'd be so much better off if we played a wider variety of games and that anything that is as popular as D&D it must therefore be mediocre.

Thomas Shey

Legend
I think you should look up "It doesn't matter if it could be interpreted as sarcastic because it doesn't change the post I was responding to in the least. They doubled down on what they said, that D&D being dominant is unhealthy. "

Well, okay, maybe that's a bit long winded. I still disagree.

It matters quite a bit when part of your post is apparently based on taking their comment that only their view matters seriously.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Well, unless we're talking a supplement such as a setting or monster manual based on the open license, if you're talking a different TTRPG altogether then no, you aren't talking D&D. D&D is not the sum of all TTRPGs.
Thank you for your pedantry.

Please read the post I was responding to for context.

Oofta

Legend
Thank you for your pedantry.

Please read the post I was responding to for context.
Even if shows primarily talk about D&D, when people talk about other games such as the games you mentioned like Dungeon Crawl Classics I assume they don't call them D&D. Then again, I don't pay much attention to podcasts and I'm not familiar with those games. 🤷‍♂️

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Even if shows primarily talk about D&D, when people talk about other games such as the games you mentioned like Dungeon Crawl Classics I assume they don't call them D&D. Then again, I don't pay much attention to podcasts and I'm not familiar with those games. 🤷‍♂️
No one is talking about podcasts.

Remove ads