• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General D&D "influencers" need to actively acknowledge other games.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
I really like GinniD. She is a skilled GM, enthusiastic about the hobby, and makes everyone viewing her channel feel welcome. Her most recent video, though, got me thinking about something that has been scratching violently at the back of my mind:

There are other games than D&D, and these influencers surely know that but they generally avoid pointing to those games.

In this video as an example, she is talking about player investment in world building. That problem has been solved by Fate. I feel like a YT GM like GinniD should point that out and point her followers to Fate in order to solve this particular problem.

What do you think? Should D&D influencers acknowledge other games that solve problems they are talking about on their channels? If not, why not?

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
I feel like they often do, to the point that we have people here on this board who are upset that D&D YouTubers talk so much about Dungeon Crawl Classics, Shadowdark, Worlds Without Number, etc.
Maybe I don't follow the right ones? GinniD went that whole video and never mentioned Fate campaign generation.

Remove ads