• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Will the 5.5e MM be like Monsters of the Multiverse (races and monsters?)

Will the 5.5e MM be like Monsters of the Multiverse (races and monsters?)

• Yes

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 14 58.3%

Stormonu

Legend
It will incorporate the changes from Monsters of the Multiverse, and more as well. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple monsters are dropped and a couple different ones added, for one. Likewise, I'll bet some will be tweaked to be "more interesting", like dragons.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
It will incorporate the changes from Monsters of the Multiverse, and more as well. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple monsters are dropped and a couple different ones added, for one. Likewise, I'll bet some will be tweaked to be "more interesting", like dragons.
I doubt anything will be, "more interesting". They'll use the new statblock, and rewrite the lore to try to avoid causing offense, and likely have fewer entries as a result (it takes more ink to do what people are asking for in a lore re-write). It might make the game better for some, but none of it will make it more "interesting" as far as I'm concerned.

Well I hope not. I also don't think that is likely as it would make the book much larger (among other reasons).

Oh I think all three books are going bigger, they have to give you not just adjusted stats, but new stuff, updating it not worth it enough when the 5e PHB will already be compatible, there needs to be more then that, and that takes more space.

Price and page count mostly seem uncounted in 5e anyways.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Oh I think all three books are going bigger, they have to give you not just adjusted stats, but new stuff, updating it not worth it enough when the 5e PHB will already be compatible, there needs to be more then that, and that takes more space.

Price and page count mostly seem uncounted in 5e anyways.
If they do expand the page count, that'll at least give them an excuse to raise the cover price.

If they do expand the page count, that'll at least give them an excuse to raise the cover price.

They plan on doing that anyways, using the Shipocylpse as a BS excuse (it's been shown alot of big businesses are making huge record profits on rising their prices above inflation, which folks just accept because they blame inflation, not realizing its partly a scam). Serious adding a hundred pages $5 at most if that to the cost, probably less, but they will probably charge $10 or more for it.

Remove ads