• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Special Conversion Thread: Moldvay's Undead

Shade

Monster Junkie
I could be persuaded to shadow blend. Anyone else?

Any other abilities? Some form of pack tactics/swarmfighting, keen scent for blood in the air, etc.?

Cleon

Legend
I could be persuaded to shadow blend. Anyone else?

Any other abilities? Some form of pack tactics/swarmfighting, keen scent for blood in the air, etc.?

I prefer the racial bonus to Hide when in shadows approach over a "shadow blend lite".

Can't think of any SA/SQs to add, they don't need any vulnerability to exorcism since it's already covered by their Extraplanar subtype.

So, shall we move on to skills and feats?

The SRD ghoul/ghast skill picks look a good start -

Balance, Climb, Hide, Jump, Move Silently, Spot.

Maybe drop Balance, since it's got fewer skill points to play with, and add Search, since it's got a racial bonus in it, then put 2 points in Search and 6 in each of the other skills?

Climb 6, Hide 6, Jump 6, Move Silently 6, Search 2, Spot 6.

As for feats, maybe Weapon Focus (bite) and Lightning Reflexes?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Skills and feats are fine as suggesetd.

I think I'm agreed with Cleon on the lack of SA/SQ to add. These are pretty simple, and there's no real need for shadow blend; the Hide bonus is ok.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

Environment: Any evil-aligned plane?

Organization: Solitary, roving band (2-10), or hunting pack (3-30)?

Challenge Rating: 3? They are on par with wights.

Treasure: Standard? (Type E is a good mix of coins, goods, and items)

Advancement: 6-15 HD (Medium)?

Skotos stand 5 to 6 feet tall and weigh 75 pounds? (I figure they are semi-shadow, so lightweight)

Skotos speak Common and either Abyssal or Infernal (depending upon home plane)?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Well, I did prefer temporary hp only, but I'm not worried about it. As for shadow blend, I'd only go for it just to spice them up. No big deal for me either way.

Shade

Monster Junkie
It's never too late. ;)

Rolling back to temp hp only, but keeping the rider about not exceeding 5x normal max hp.

Would shadow blend affect CR?

Remove ads