Special Conversion Thread: Microscopic Monsters

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
That looks good. Let's just drop the ? on the CR and turn the "X" for the sporocarp drying time into 1d10 rounds. Then it's done!

Cleon

Legend
That looks good. Let's just drop the ? on the CR and turn the "X" for the sporocarp drying time into 1d10 rounds. Then it's done!

I'll remove the ? from the Protiston Working Draft but am not 100% decided on the drying time.

If we want its Sporocarp transformation to be at all useful in combat we should probably make it faster (a round or two), since high level 3E D&D fights rarely last as long as 10 rounds.

If we want it to be something that happens between encounters we could easily make it longer.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I'm not convinced that Protiston would really want to waste time during combat transforming into a sporocarp. I guess I'd be inclined to make the drying time more like an hour and have it happen between encounters. If you really want it to be useful in combat, let's go for 1d6 rounds. I'll let you choose.

Cleon

Legend
I'm not convinced that Protiston would really want to waste time during combat transforming into a sporocarp. I guess I'd be inclined to make the drying time more like an hour and have it happen between encounters. If you really want it to be useful in combat, let's go for 1d6 rounds. I'll let you choose.

Since you prefer a "between encounters" version I'd make it something in minutes. Say, 2d6 minutes?

If Protiston really wants to turn into a Sporocarp quickly, it can simply polymorph any object itself into one.

Remove ads