• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Special Conversion Thread: Lycanthropes and their ilk

Cleon

Legend
Good idea. I've fixed the lesser ground sloth.

Good!

So, what shall we do with the Weresloth's skills.

It's got 8 SPs, 4 from Warrior and 4 from Ground Sloth.

Our Lesser Ground Sloth conversion has 3 ranks in Spot and 4 in Listen.

I'm thinking we ought to give it the same ranks in Listen & Spot and use the remaining point in a Warrior skill.

Climb? Handle Animal? Swim?

I'm leaning toward a point in Swim as a homage to Thalassocnus.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Hmm, here's some tactics:

Half-orc weresloths are not typically aggressive, but they are violent when roused. Unimaginative combatants, they prefer to rush into melee, sometimes forgetting to change forms. As half-orcs, they fight with weapons as available, while their strong instinct in sloth form is to pin down their opponent.

Cleon

Legend
Hmm, here's some tactics:

Half-orc weresloths are not typically aggressive, but they are violent when roused. Unimaginative combatants, they prefer to rush into melee, sometimes forgetting to change forms. As half-orcs, they fight with weapons as available, while their strong instinct in sloth form is to pin down their opponent.

I don't think we should include the "half-orc" bit in the tactics. I'd rather only have it in "the weresloth presented here" bit.

Speaking of which, we haven't quite settled on a name. A simple "Ground Weresloth" to distinguish them from the "Tree Weresloth" should be enough.

How's this...

COMBAT
Ground weresloths are not typically aggressive, but they are violent when roused. Unimaginative combatants, they prefer to rush into melee, usually remembering to change into animal or hybrid for the fight. In humanoid form, they fight with weapons as available, while their strong instinct in sloth form is to pin down their opponent.

Oh, and what about adding a Large-sized version (Hill Giant plus Megatherium or Mylodon?)

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
That looks good. Do you care to add the flavor text?

Use the dire lycanthrope template? We could do that, but we're starting to get into overkill on the weresloths. ;)

Remove ads