Dungeon Master's Screen (2024)

D&D (2024) New DM Screen Revealed By NZ Retailer

Meech17

WotC President Runner-Up.
I have the same concern; I've used the landscape ones with some success, but they're still a bit obstructive for making rolls in front of the players, which is how I prefer to do most combat rolls.

Have you considered going even smaller? Professor DM on YouTube has done a couple of tutorials on crafting 4"-6" high DM screens. His original lo-fi design from six years ago used CD cases, but he did a more elaborate city/town-scape one recently.
I have actually.. I've been considering it a lot lately! I love Professor DM's videos about terrain craft, but I'm not sure if I'd ever dedicate that much work to something. I'm far too lazy.

JP Coovert also did a video recently about a homemade screen, and I'm thinking about that. He just used some sort of craft board and cut it to size. I was thinking about doing that. Maybe six inches tall.. Then I could make my own notecard sized pockets for it.

I haven't used a DM's screen in ages, since I run online with both my groups. Except, I recently had a problem with one of our cats poking around my nightstand in the middle of the night. This being where my glasses are kept, I was less than keen on that behavior. So now I have a DM screen blocking off my nightstand. It's a dumb solution, but it actually works.

pukunui

Legend
If I get this DM screen, I'm going to have to hide it behind another (player-facing) screen, as I really don't like the new art style.
Me neither. This is a weird choice of art for the DM screen. I won’t be getting it myself as I haven’t used a screen in ages. I use a laptop and mostly roll on DDB so I’ve got no need for a screen. As others have said, it just gets in the way (especially when you’re using minis).

Yaarel

🇮🇱He-Mage
On the DMs Screen the portraits seem to be the core species.

• Dragonborn (female)
• Goliath (male)
• Tiefling (trans male?)
• Dwarf (male)

• Gnome (uncertain)
• Elf (trans female?)
• Orc (male)
• Halfling (male)

The rest are out of view.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads