Creature Catalogue Overhaul Project Revisited

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Even if we give it (Cha-based) deflection and (Wis-based) insight, that's only +11 to AC together. Looks like it's going to need a large luck bonus.

Cleon

Legend
Even if we give it (Cha-based) deflection and (Wis-based) insight, that's only +11 to AC together. Looks like it's going to need a large luck bonus.

I'm thinking we could give her a divine bonus too, since she's an avatar of hawkishness. Either that, or just let her have an additional +6 to her normal deflection and insight bonuses. A Paragon Eagle has +12 insight and +12 deflection without needing a Wisdom and Charisma of 34-35.

Thus:

Divine Bonus Version
Human Form: AC 56 (+10 Dex, +13 luck, +12 divine, +4 insight, +7 deflection), touch 56, flat-footed 46
Dire Hawk/Hybrid form: AC 59 (+13 Dex, +12 divine, +4 insight, +7 deflection), touch 59, flat-footed 46
Hawk Form: AC 64 (+2 size, +16 Dex, +12 divine, +4 insight, +7 deflection), touch 59, flat-footed 48

Enhanced Deflection Insight Version
Human Form: AC 56 (+10 Dex, +13 luck, +10 insight, +13 deflection), touch 56, flat-footed 46
Dire Hawk/Hybrid form: AC 59 (+13 Dex, +13 luck, +10 insight, +13 deflection), touch 59, flat-footed 46
Hawk Form: AC 64 (+2 size, +16 Dex, +13 luck, +10 insight, +13 deflection), touch 59, flat-footed 48

I suppose we should consider giving her a natural armour and/or armour bonus, despite the Epic Cat Lord apparently not wearing armour.

The Legendary Eagle has +4 NA, so we could give that animal form +4 NA and the human form a mithral shirt and reduce the other bonuses by 4.

freyar

I prefer the divine bonus and luck bonus version. I really don't like when they fuss around with insight and deflection; it's like the different designers don't know what they're all doing (imagine!).

Cleon

Legend
Well, I meant in place of part of the luck bonus. But as you like.

So give it +9 luck and +4 armour instead of +13 luck. I like the 13, it's a lucky number. :p

If you're keen on an armour bonus I'd rather lower the divine bonus - +12 is quite high, being Intermediate Deity level.

freyar

Doesn't matter much to me, just meant to give another option. Let's just leave it.

What's next on these?

Cleon

Legend
Doesn't matter much to me, just meant to give another option. Let's just leave it.

What's next on these?

We should pick a weapon or weapons. The original says she has no weapon proficiency, but Outsiders get proficiency in all simple and martial weapons and we really need to give her some melee options.

I'm thinking paired rapiers (with at least Weapon Finesse and TWF) and a composite longbow.

Remove ads