Converting True Dragons

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Wait! You wanted them to have lairs to give them treasure other than the magic jewelry! I'm fine with dropping the lairs, but then I want to revise the treasure line.

Cleon

Legend
Wait! You wanted them to have lairs to give them treasure other than the magic jewelry! I'm fine with dropping the lairs, but then I want to revise the treasure line.

Checking the relevant post Iasked "How about we say they only value jewelery and useful magic items and only carry such treasure with them, leaving their less "worthy" valuables carelessly strewn around their lair?" and you agreed to it.

That's easily incorporated...

The ancestors of albino wyrms may have been surface dragons who became lost in the unfathomable depths of the Underdark. If this is so, their offspring have become stunted creatures who lack the intelligence, flight and spellcasting ability of a true dragon. Albino wyrm are afflicted with some form of hereditary madness and are barely able to express a sane thought.

Few places in the Underdark hold enough food to nourish an albino wrym for long, so they rarely form permanent lairs. Most of these dragon-kin spend their lives wandering from hunting ground to hunting ground carrying what treasure they possess, resting in dens, and moving on once the prey nearby is depleted. The only wealth albino wyrms truly value are magic items, especially items that aid them in hunting. They often wear jewelery, although it may not be on the intended body part. Thus, a wealthy wyrm may wear a crown around the tail, rings on its claws, and a bracelet on a wingtip. Less "worthy" valuables, such as coins, are usually carelessly strewn around their temporary den.

A typical albino wyrm is X feet long, including Y feet of tail.

Albino wyrms can speak Draconic, but their minds are so deranged they cannot hold a coherent conversation.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
That looks pretty good!

I have this vague feeling we discussed size before, but I can't find it easily. I may just be misremembering. How about 20 ft long, including 8 feet of tail?

PS Can you believe we've almost been working on these for 6 months? All the critters are taking so long these days. Some of that's due to being down to mostly oddballs, part of it's due to my being busy at work, but still!

Cleon

Legend
That looks pretty good!

Shall I Update the Albino Wyrm Working Draft then?

I have this vague feeling we discussed size before, but I can't find it easily. I may just be misremembering. How about 20 ft long, including 8 feet of tail?

I don't recall doing such, but the original size table has Very Young Wyrms with 5-10' bodies & 4-8' tails and Young Wyrms with 10-16' bodies and 8-12' tails.

IIRC we modelled these as "Young" specimens, so I'd be OK with 20-25' long, about 10' of which is tail.

PS Can you believe we've almost been working on these for 6 months? All the critters are taking so long these days. Some of that's due to being down to mostly oddballs, part of it's due to my being busy at work, but still!

You know, I can believe it! :cool:

Remove ads