Converting Psionic Creatures

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Your update link went to the original monster stats....

And the working draft doesn't seem updated. But no problem. Ghoul's paralysis as adapted is good, but I'd add that immunity to poison (as well as paralysis) negates, since it's supposed to be a poison. Add in the PLAs, and I think we're done with special abilities, right?

Cleon

Legend
Your update link went to the original monster stats....

Must have pasted in the wrong URL, I'll fix it.

And the working draft doesn't seem updated. But no problem. Ghoul's paralysis as adapted is good, but I'd add that immunity to poison (as well as paralysis) negates, since it's supposed to be a poison. Add in the PLAs, and I think we're done with special abilities, right?

Yup.

Skills and feats next, methinks.

4 in Spot, 5 in Listen?

Multiattack and Improved Initiative?

Cleon

Legend
Oh, and you reprobates wanted the Wallwalking to be (Ex), even though (Ps) is so much better. I'll change it, unamusing though it is.

freyar

Skills and feats sound right.

Boy, I was thinking they're a bit soft for CR 5, but they could almost be CR 6 if you compare to xill.... CR 5 will work.

Cleon

Legend
Skills and feats sound right.

Updating...

Hmm, I've got Move Silently and Spot listed in the working draft, not Spot and Listen. Well I did base it on the Phase Spider.

How about giving it Move Silently 5, Spot 4 instead? It does sneak up to prey, after all.

Oh, and I'm now wondering about giving them Tremorsense 60 ft., like a Monstrous Spider or Scorpion.

Boy, I was thinking they're a bit soft for CR 5, but they could almost be CR 6 if you compare to xill.... CR 5 will work.

Xill have Planewalk. A Wall-Walker can't pop out of thin air next to a victim and attack, then carry paralysed victims to another plane to devour. That makes them nasty foes for 6th level characters, who can't even cast dimensional anchor. Unless they can kill the xill in the 2 rounds it takes to fade away they'll lose a PC with little chance of recovery.

Oh, and Xill have a formidable 21 Spell Resistance, too...

I'm sticking to Challenge Rating 5 for the Wall-Walker.

freyar

Looks pretty good. And, no, I wasn't saying they're quite as good as xill, just that they are also worth a somewhat boosted CR compared to some base stats.

Remove ads