Converting prehistoric creatures

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Uggh, arguing about commas. First off, it's not a clause unless it has a subject and predicate (see here); this is a phrase since it's not a complete thought. New phrases introduced by conjunctions such as "and", "or", or "but" do not get commas, unless you're joining together three or more. For example, "The 3-year old cannot read but can tie her shoes." should not have a comma. On the other hand, you do need a comma in "The 3-year old cannot read, but she can tie her shoes."

Cleon

Legend
Uggh, arguing about commas. First off, it's not a clause unless it has a subject and predicate (see here); this is a phrase since it's not a complete thought. New phrases introduced by conjunctions such as "and", "or", or "but" do not get commas, unless you're joining together three or more. For example, "The 3-year old cannot read but can tie her shoes." should not have a comma. On the other hand, you do need a comma in "The 3-year old cannot read, but she can tie her shoes."

So you'll stop complaining about my comma if I make it "they can weigh more than twice as much"?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Yep. ;)

Sorry about the fuss, but I find comma mis-usage a great annoyance in RPG books. Especially when they're used to slap two sentences together as a run-on, which happens quite frequently.

Cleon

Legend
Yep. ;)

Sorry about the fuss, but I find comma mis-usage a great annoyance in RPG books. Especially when they're used to slap two sentences together as a run-on, which happens quite frequently.

You say that like its a bad thing, nothing wrong with slapping a couple of sentences together with a comma. :devil:

I'll update the Working Draft with.
A large turtle-like creature with a viciously sharp beak.

A nikt'oo is not a turtle, although it looks very much like one. These reptilian creatures can breathe both water and air. Their shells are mostly thick hide, with inserts of bony plates. Female nikt'oo live in the sea and in coastal forests. Male nikt'oo live in the sea, emerging onto the shore only to fight for mates and breed. Nikt'oo can be tamed and trained as mounts and beasts of burden. Usually only female nikt'oo are trained, as the flipper-footed males are far more aggressive and can not move easily on land. Nikt'oo are mostly domesticated by tortles, snappers, and other reptilian humanoids.

An adult niktoo is typically 10 to 12 feet long and stands about 3 feet high. Adult female nikt'oo usually weigh about 2,500 pounds, but they can weigh more than twice as much. Male nikt'oo can grow much bigger than females, reaching lengths of up to 20 feet.
Done?

Remove ads