D&D 3E/3.5 Converting monsters from Mayfair Games Role Aids product line

Nookie

Explorer
Well what if we just gave it a flat bonus to damage equal to its charisma modifier and say that that damage is ilusory like that of a shadow evocation spell and if they make the save some of it disapears. Make the monster interesting while keeping with the illusory theme.

Sleep coma poison primary and secondary should read 1d4 hour deathlike Sleep/1d4 hour deathlike Sleep.

10 ft works for me.

Lets worry about skill bonuses when we come to skills.

Cleon

Legend
Well what if we just gave it a flat bonus to damage equal to its charisma modifier and say that that damage is ilusory like that of a shadow evocation spell and if they make the save some of it disapears. Make the monster interesting while keeping with the illusory theme.

Not fond of that idea, since it'd require two saving throws per attack. I'd rather give it a straight bonus from Charisma or by increasing the Strength. or just leave it as-is. The main threat should be from the Sleep Venom.

Sleep coma poison primary and secondary should read 1d4 hour deathlike Sleep/1d4 hour deathlike Sleep.

The current Sleep Venom doesn't use primary/secondary damage. It's a single initial save & damage.

Is the deathlike sleep duration cumulative?

10 ft works for me.

Lets worry about skill bonuses when we come to skills.

Suits me.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I'd rather leave the bite damage as is. The MO is to put the victim to sleep for a long time, so the dream monster can nibble away at leisure. It even makes the victim look dead, so any companions will leave.

Let's just stick to a single 1d4 hour duration.

Cleon

Legend
I'd rather leave the bite damage as is. The MO is to put the victim to sleep for a long time, so the dream monster can nibble away at leisure. It even makes the victim look dead, so any companions will leave.

Let's just stick to a single 1d4 hour duration.

I'm fine with the "leave it as-is" option.

Hold on, the original text has "Characters who fail the save remain asleep for one hour", so I guess we ought to considering using that.

Perhaps I should have checked first. :blush:

That said, I don't like an even hour, but prefer a random component. Either 1d4 hours or something that averages about an hour.

Cleon

Legend
may as well just make it an hour.

Well I prefer some random element.

In most cases, I favour fixed durations to Spell-Like Abilities and Supernatural powers that seem very similar to spells, and more random durations for other powers.

If it's not fixed to some kind of natural or supernatural cycle, it feels funny to have a power last for a precise period of time.

Remove ads