D&D 3E/3.5 Converting monsters from Mayfair Games Role Aids product line

Cleon

Legend
Sure. Those are both Str -, Dex 16, Con -, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 15. Want to change that at all?

They're "Very Intelligent", which is 11-12 in 1E, so we'd better lower the Int.

Maybe increase the Dex to compensate?

The original AC would require a +8 Dex modifier to match, so I'm thinking we should give it +2 Dex plus an additional AC bonus of some sort, to raise its AC above and beyond its standard +4 Dex plus +2 Cha bonuses.

Str -, Dex 18, Con -, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 15, +4 to AC from somewhere

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I'd be ok with bumping Dex and Cha by another +2 each to get that AC. Otherwise, we need to justify an insight bonus or something.

Cleon

Legend
I'd be ok with bumping Dex and Cha by another +2 each to get that AC. Otherwise, we need to justify an insight bonus or something.

We'd have to increase them by 4 each to get another +2 on each abilities bonus (i.e. Str -, Dex 22, Con -, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 19), which is a bit too high to me.

Giving them an Insight bonus works better for me - an observer sees the Spirit as "a vision that is so horrible, it cannot be described. The creature actually takes on the appearance of the character's greatest fears", which suggests the Spirit can see (or at least sense) the character's fears.

It's not much of a stretch to extrapolate the Foregathering Spirit can also sense how an observer is going to attack it, leading to an Insight bonus to AC.

freyar

Sure, insight is ok, then. But that's Wis based usually, so we still need to bump Dex and/or Cha some.

freyar

Like I said, though, insight is generally Wis-based, and I'd rather stick to that. Any other ideas?

Cleon

Legend
Like I said, though, insight is generally Wis-based, and I'd rather stick to that. Any other ideas?

I don't much like Wisdom 18-19 for them, since they're less intelligent than a Wraith or Spectre.

Do you have anything against just making it +4?

Remove ads