Converting Monsters from Dungeon Magazine

Cleon

Legend
So the 3rd gen ones get exceptional longer reach? Sounds good to me.

Updating Working Draft.

Alternatively we could use...

Space/Reach: A second or third generation megalofolk's space increases to match its increased size category. Second generation megalofolk have the reach of a long creature of their size, third generation megalofolk have the reach of tall creatures.

Cleon

Legend
I thought we decided we didn't like stubby arms?

I though you decided you did like stubby arms.

So, are you suggesting 5 ft. reach per generation, so the third generation have longer reach than a standard Large creature?

Or just standard reach for 1st to 2nd generation, with 5 ft. additional reach for the third generation?

I prefer the previous "stubby second generation" version.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I though you decided you did like stubby arms.

:confused: In post 788, Shade said he liked extra reach on the 3rd gen ones, and then I agreed. Not less reach on the 2nd gen, but more reach on 3rd gen.

Or just standard reach for 1st to 2nd generation, with 5 ft. additional reach for the third generation?

I prefer this version.

I'm with Shade. And by "standard reach" I mean "standard reach for its size category, including the fact that human-shaped critters are tall and not long."

Cleon

Legend
:confused: In post 788, Shade said he liked extra reach on the 3rd gen ones, and then I agreed. Not less reach on the 2nd gen, but more reach on 3rd gen.

I'm with Shade. And by "standard reach" I mean "standard reach for its size category, including the fact that human-shaped critters are tall and not long."

I could live with that. Updating Working Draft.

They'll still be stubby in MY campaign, though. :mad:

Shade

Monster Junkie
As currently presented, "Yuan-ti Conditioning" seems like it should just be flavor text. Unless we add something mechanical, like "megalofolk automatically fail any saving throws against mind-affecting spells and abilities used against them by yuan-ti" or somesuch.

Cleon

Legend
I think I have a new nickname for you, Cleon. "Stubby." :D

Ready for samples?

I'll have you know that when I shapechange into a gorilla I have long arms for my height. :p

I think we've got a bit of arguing over Yuan-Ti Conditioning to finish first, and I suppose we could sort out a description and/or background flavour.

Cleon

Legend
As currently presented, "Yuan-ti Conditioning" seems like it should just be flavor text. Unless we add something mechanical, like "megalofolk automatically fail any saving throws against mind-affecting spells and abilities used against them by yuan-ti" or somesuch.

I wanted to make it something like autofail saving throws vs. mind-affecting attacks against yuan-ti, plus have yuan-ti's Charisma-based skill checks autosucceed against Megafolk, but a certain party preferred a non-mechanical approach.

Remove ads