• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Against the Shadow V - A Faded Glory Story Hour

Rate the Faded Glory Story Hour!

• This is the Greatest Story Hour Ever!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • It is Among My Top 5!

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • It is Entertaining. I recommend it!

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Not My Cup of Tea!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It Sucks! Stop this Drivel Immediately!

Votes: 0 0.0%

Quickbeam

Explorer
A few various comments and thoughts...

Corey:
Be careful how often whining is employed in your endeavors to secure items for Quintus -- DMs have a knack for making you regret getting what you wished for ;) .

Old One:
Great stuff as always. When can we expect the next installment? BTW, did you ever get that rambling email I sent you last week?

Thoughts and guesswork on what we can anticipate:
1) The footsteps behind the party belong to Drusilla or some such 'friendly' person. Perhaps she (they) wish to be involved in the raids, or give someone a farewll kiss for good luck :) .
2) Somehow, the raid involving the party has been sabotaged ahead of time. The other raid will come off as planned, but our fearless band of adventurers are destined to find trouble that even "quickness and stealth" may have trouble conquering.
3) Severus will prove to be an invaluable party asset in the coming weeks, and we will find that Q's ability to shapechange is no longer laughable.
4) My predicitions will all be miles off the mark :D .

Last edited:

Kenneth L. Rice

First Post
Yo Old One

Hey Old One- just leaving posts in several places to get your attention! Ceannric here wondering what happened since I hadn't heard from you...are you still interested in joining our gaming group? If so, please contact me at ceannric@yahoo.com so I won't have to sift through the stuff here. Thanks!

Corey

First Post
Quickbeam: In my best whiny voice: "Awww...come on...(sniffle, sniffle)... all I wanted was a familiar and a wand of repeating max dmg fireballs...what's wrong with that... I mean... you never give us anything.....

I just posted Q's (Lela: sorry about my lazy shorthand) latest most excellent strategy to our players only e-group.

Lew will NOT approve. :D

Gonna kick your behind this Sunday, Old One.

Corey

aka Garrick aka Quintus and after that last comment soon to be known as......

Darklone

Wand poff maximized fireball

The sorcerer in our group found such a wand... Problem was: It's a little bit damaged. If you press the button, the fireball explodes around you. Don't think that kept us from using it now and then though!

Galfridus

First Post
Re: Wand poff maximized fireball

Darklone said:
The sorcerer in our group found such a wand... Problem was: It's a little bit damaged. If you press the button, the fireball explodes around you. Don't think that kept us from using it now and then though!

I handed out a cursed fireball wand once that fired from the "backwards" tip. Always good for a few laughs (at least for me ;)).

The best part is when the players tried turning it around and using it; of course, being a cursed item, "backwards" is a relative, not absolute, term. :)

DethStryke

Explorer
Re: Session 14 (Part One)

Old One said:
They made several quick turns, but before they had gone 100 paces, Rowan’s sharp ears picked up the sound of faint splashing behind them. He hissed for everyone to halt and hold in place. The noise came again, clearer and drawing closer to their position. Someone…or something…was following them!

To Be Continued…

~ Old One [/B]

But... how could they be followed!? Quintus had Mordenkainen's Faithful Watchdog cast! He totally did!

I'm sorry. That's what came to mind. heh.

Lela

First Post
Re: Re: Session 14 (Part One)

DethStryke said:

But... how could they be followed!? Quintus had Mordenkainen's Faithful Watchdog cast! He totally did!

I'm sorry. That's what came to mind. heh.

Oh gosh!!!!! I can't breath!! Someone help me!!!!! I can't stop laughing!

On the floor now. Keyboard came wiht mee. Help@!!!!

;) :D

Last edited:

Darklone

Rofl!

Me too. Reminds me of the first D&D wizard I ever met... My first D&D group (me as little newbie). He was paranoid. Very. The group entered a dungeon and had several encounters and he didn't cast ONE spell. Group leader (paladin) asked him about it: He claimed he had no spells left since all prepared ones had been cast to prevent ANYTHING from him...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads