• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Will the 5.5e MM be like Monsters of the Multiverse (races and monsters?)

Will the 5.5e MM be like Monsters of the Multiverse (races and monsters?)

• Yes

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 14 58.3%

I've been thinking about this, that MP: MotM isn't just an updated compilation book of monsters and races, but perhaps its an experimental template for the 5.5e MM.

In 3.5e and 4e MMs had semi playable versions of various races in them but 5e never did this, which lead to playable Goblins and Aasimar for example needing repeated republishing for different setting books.

A 5.5e MM in the same vein as MP: MotM but much larger would solve this, a centralized locations for important none PHB races that appear in multiple settings. Orcs, Goblins, Aasimar, Genasi, Tritons, Kenku, Yuan Ti Purebloods, Hobgoblins, Bugbears, Goliath, Kobolds, Centaurs, Gnolls, Minotaurs, Satyr, Nymphs, Dhampyrs, Tabaxi, Lizardfolk, Gith, Owlin, etc...

dave2008

Legend
I've been thinking about this, that MP: MotM isn't just an updated compilation book of monsters and races, but perhaps its an experimental template for the 5.5e MM.

In 3.5e and 4e MMs had semi playable versions of various races in them but 5e never did this, which lead to playable Goblins and Aasimar for example needing repeated republishing for different setting books.

A 5.5e MM in the same vein as MP: MotM but much larger would solve this, a centralized locations for important none PHB races that appear in multiple settings. Orcs, Goblins, Aasimar, Genasi, Tritons, Kenku, Yuan Ti Purebloods, Hobgoblins, Bugbears, Goliath, Kobolds, Centaurs, Gnolls, Minotaurs, Satyr, Nymphs, Dhampyrs, Tabaxi, Lizardfolk, Gith, Owlin, etc...
OK, so your asking if the anniversary MM will have player races in it like the upcoming MotM? That is not what I understood from your OP. I thought you were asking if the stat block changes where a preview of what we see in the MM'24. That answer is of course yes (they said as much), thought there could be more changes as it is bit off.

Regarding PC races in MM'24: I think it is unlikely and I hope they are not included. I don't want PC material in my DM only book.

OK, so your asking if the anniversary MM will have player races in it like the upcoming MotM? That is not what I understood from your OP. I thought you were asking if the stat block changes where a preview of what we see in the MM'24. That answer is of course yes (they said as much), thought there could be more changes as it is bit off.

Regarding PC races in MM'24: I think it is unlikely and I hope they are not included. I don't want PC material in my DM only book.

The MM isn't DMs only, players use for conjuration spells, beast companions, etc...

Remove ads