• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Where are you buying Mordenkainen's Magnificient Emporium?

Where are you purchasing Mordenkainen's Magnificient Emporium?

• FLGS all the way, baby!

Votes: 32 38.1%
  • Other hobby/comic brick and mortar store

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Online retailer (incl. game stores, Ebay shops, game stores via Amazon marketplace, etc)

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • Other (wait for used, trade, Ebay, etc - explain in response)

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Not buying it - if it isn't on Amazon or B&N, I won't get it

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Not buying it - I lke 4E, but this doesn't interest me or don't have the money

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • What's the deal with blue cheese? Is it really fungus?

Votes: 7 8.3%

Mercurius

Legend
I'm just curious to hear how folks are handling the Mordenkainen's situation - where you buying it, if at all? I'd prefer to hear only from 4E folks and/or those that would normally buy this product; I did include an option for those that like to crash parties.

I just placed an order from CCG Armory. My reason is that the closest FLGS is about half an hour away, is very creepy, more of Magic hang-out, and I never go there. Plus, I'm a poor teacher supporting a family and have a limited frivolous spending budget. $23.32 incl shipping is the best I could find.

And you?

Gronin

Explorer
If I buy it I will buy it from the local gaming store. If I am going to buy an actual hardcopy I always buy my stuff from there. There are several reasons. Number one the owner is a friend and I want to support him. Number two I want to there to be a local gaming store so I would support the store regardless of who owned (although perhaps not quite as exclusively). And finally as I own and operate a small business myself I try to support others in the same boat.

That being said I am not sure I am going to pick this one up. Although I am the have to have it all kind of person I haven't really bought anything since the arrival of essentials.

On Puget Sound

First Post
Dollars are votes; where and how we spend them, in aggregate, determines what there will be more of in the world, and what will go away. I need gaming stores to exist, so that's where I spend mine. I've bought a few things at Amazon, but I don't need them to survive (nor the reverse; they have plenty of "voters" without me).

Mummolus

First Post
This may make me part of the problem, rather than the solution, but I won't be buying it. I already pay for a DDI subscription and I have a substantial library of other 4E publications, but whereas with a book of powers and abilities (Psionic Power for example) there's a lot of flavor to go along with them, I just can't see a book of items providing the same level of interest. I've avoided the Adventurer's Vaults, and this is basically AV3. The fact that there isn't a FLGS within an hour of me and that's what they've chosen to support with this is just icing on the cake.

babinro

First Post
It's not on sale at Amazon.ca, so that means I won't be buying it. I'm certainly interested in the product as I own AV1 and AV2 which are both great.

My local store that sells D&D products does so at the MSRP and never puts any of the books on sale regardless of edition. It's just to expensive for me to justify compared to the books I've purchased via Amazon.

Last edited:

Droogie128

First Post
As there is no FLGS within 50 miles of me, I have no choice but to order online. If WotC doesn't want to support those of us that don't have an FLGS, I won't be supporting them. Voted not buying it if it isn't available online. Not to mention the prices you have to pay at brick and mortar. Just not worth it.

malraux

First Post
If the gaming store near me decides to ever fulfill the special order I've placed with them and they remember to actually call me to let me know its in, I'll buy it from there. Otherwise, I'll either pick it up online or just use DDI.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
I'm probably not buying, since I'm most likely to use the content via the Compendium. I'm a big DDI fan.

However, if I did buy it, I would buy from my FLGS. The prices are lousy for other books compared to Amazon et al, but I do believe in supporting the store and the community. The store is within walking distance of my house, and I appreciate having a place for the gaming community to get together, so I want them to succeed. So far, so good.

Last edited:

Remove ads