• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is/are your most recent TTRPG purchase(s)?

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Or in other views, a week's groceries, or two round trips to visit family. I had to replace the roof of my house last year, so a book I'd likely read just once, and won't be able to use in the games I'm running, is not a very high priority.
Well, the difference between my example and your example was that mine is also a discretionary purchase. It's apples and oranges and that should be obvious.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
It's about his choices with his parameters, not yours. Let the man be.
I was responding to an personal accusation after making a general statement not directed at any particular person.

But this is a discussion better directed at the "expensive hobby" thread so I will take it there.

aramis erak

Legend
It is always frustrating to see people balk at the price a book that is less than dinner for two.
I can get dinner for two in a full service restaurant for $30 without ordering the specials. Midscale if I go with the specials.

I can get a nice, upscale dinner for two for $50.

aco175

Legend
Last weekend at the local convention I bought a few of the old pre-painted minis and a new d20. Not that I needed them, but wanted to support and found a couple that looked somewhat like the PCs I had. The new d20 looked good and easy to read, but turned out to be slightly larger than the old ones I have so it did not fit in the plastic case I had at home and be able to close the lid. So, now I'm looking for a new dice case that also fits some pencils and minis. I suppose I could use the one I took to the convention, but always looking for the better one.

I picked up Call of Cthulhu “Doors to Darkness” about a month ago. I’ve used one of the scenarios so far (Genius Loci) and will eventually run the rest of them, so I’m happy with my purchase.

Remove ads