• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What I want

KidSnide

Adventurer
I want the rules completeness of 3e with the sleekness of 4e along side the customization of 2e, the flavor of 1e, and the feel of BECMI. Is that too much to ask?

The feel of BECMI has a lot to do with the simple rules structure, so I doubt it is compatible with the rules completeness of 3e. Or, to be more accurate, you may be able to get a game that can hit both of those targets (through optional modules), but not at the same time.

-KS

Agamon

Adventurer
Yeah, depends what you mean by "rules completeness". If BECMI had rules completeness, then no, I don't think that's too much to ask for. If you want it to have a lot of detail-ish rules like in 3e, yeah, I don't that's possible, let alone going to happen.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
I want the rules completeness of 3e with the sleekness of 4e along side the customization of 2e, the flavor of 1e, and the feel of BECMI. Is that too much to ask?

I want the well oiled machine of 4e, without it's limits; the character customization of 3e, without it being mandatory; the polished variety of 2e, without it killing the publisher; the module quality of 1e; the feel of BECMI; and finally, the system modularity of GURPS.

So yeah. Ain't gonna happen, but would be grand! :)

sheadunne

Explorer
I want a complete set of rules for everything. 3x gives me that but it's clunky and drives poorly. 4e smoothes a lot of edges but by doing some strange things, that ruin the 1e flavor for me. 2e had options galor but no good mechanical sense to anything. BECMI captures my childhood imagination but doesn't satisfy my adult need for complexity.

5e feels like its doing to 2e what 4e did to 3.5.

Ahnehnois

First Post
Is that too much to ask?
No.

On the other hand, if you said you wanted a D&D without the laboriousness of 3e, the inconsistency of 2e, the limitations of 1e, or the sheer nonsense of 4e, that might be a bit much to ask.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads