• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!
Vecna: Eve of Ruin

D&D 5E Vecna: Eve of Ruin Coming May 21st!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
You can still count on one Hand of Vecna how many times he has made a comeback. 1990. 2000. 2017.

Fourth time's a charm.
giphy.gif

He's been here for years,
He's rocking archmages,
Putting sad Kas in fear.

Gravenhurst48

Explorer
Sweet, I stored the case on its side way up on my shelf away from viewing because I never want to look at it again, so the binding can not be seen. I knew I seen the image but could not place my memory on the icon. The upside crescent moon or crown threw me off. Great catch.

Here is a picture of the Spelljammer set with that symbol at the base of the spine for all three books:View attachment 346144

As I said earlier, the pictures in crystals on the cover of the regular version are of Ravenloft, Spelljammer, and Avernus. The symbols on the back cover of the alt cover are the symbols used on the adventure books for Ravenloft, Spelljammer, and Avernus. That definitely suggests that those three are going to play important roles.
Ahahhhhhhh, I was going to question "what other books show icons" and checked my visable collection and see Bhaals symbol on Baldurs Gate - Descent Into Avernus. Well done for pointing this out. Cheers! Another adventure I am not keen on so I do not recall Bhaals involvement at all in that adventure so my guess on third symbol was far off without knowing the icons.

Quickleaf

Legend
You forgot his time in Ravenloft: 1997 (introduced in Domains of Dread, his first appearance since WG4 Vecna Lives!) to 1998 (headliner of Vecna Reborn, the last full-length Ravenloft adventure produced).
How could I forget that? So it's six appearances plus one in CR.
giphy.gif

He's been here for years,
He's rocking archmages,
Putting sad Kas in fear.
”We don’t use ‘comeback’ anymore, Quickleaf.”
“Sorry sorry, I meant Edition.”
“We prefer Vecna Remixed.”
“Mixed with who? Thanos?”
“Your playtest survey has ended.”

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
Nah Dalamar, Elminster and Mordinkainen always hung out in fiction.

The settings have crossed over for decades.
Not since Dragon was in print -- at least.

Honestly, given that the vast majority of players are GenZ and younger millenials, what do you think they think when the word "multiverse" is bandied about?

Remove ads