• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Magical Martial

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
And you are wrong, because plenty of Fantasy does EXACTLY that. So, you are demanding that your explanation that you like is front and center and forced on everyone, and cannot accept that we could be vague and let everyone's explanation be okay.

Because it isn't good enough for you, and you will not leave us alone to discuss anything until it is good enough for you.
Have you folks even tried to discuss actual mechanics all that much?

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
In fairness.. what Micah Sweet wants is explicit license for such fighters to be fantastic before giving them fantastic abilities.

It does not appear that they care overmuch whether those abilities are provided if that license is given.

Do I think this is a needlessly litigious way to go about things in the context of a fantasy roleplaying game, when such license could (and IMO should) very easily be inferred.?

Yes. Absolutely.

But I don't think it's fair to characterize the objection as having a problem with supernatural abilities themselves.
Thank you. THAT is what I want.

Chaosmancer

Legend
In fairness.. what Micah Sweet wants is explicit license for such fighters to be fantastic before giving them fantastic abilities.

It does not appear that they care overmuch whether those abilities are provided if that license is given.

Do I think this is a needlessly litigious way to go about things in the context of a fantasy roleplaying game, when such license could (and IMO should) very easily be inferred.?

Yes. Absolutely.

But I don't think it's fair to characterize the objection as having a problem with supernatural abilities themselves.

I am very much aware. And I would be willing to be "fair" about it, except there is no meeting in the middle, no compromise. Instead, every time anything is proposed, he demands the same thing over and over again. And even if given it, a few pages later, he is doing the same thing, or something else to derail the conversation again.

Remove ads