• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Liberation of Tenh (updated April 24)

Dawn

First Post
(contact) said:
That's the coolest thing I've heard all year. How old are they?

Both boys and ages 8 and 13. We’ll take turns doing the reading, usually an installment each night on the weekends I have them. The 13 year old is inspired by the story and actually tries to use some of the ideas/tactics in his game at school - becoming quite the little DM. Of course he wants the game we play at home to be as cool as this one or P-Kitty’s or Sagiro’s.

KidCthulhu

First Post
Tharen the Damned said:
Another stalward fellow showered him with rubbers to break his concentration.

Just as one of those wacky "British" English vs. "American" English notes for you, to Americans rubbers are not the small pink things you use to remove pencil marks. They are contraceptives, condoms, in fact. Which makes this mental image WAY funnier than you intended!

Tharen the Damned

First Post
KidCthulhu said:
Just as one of those wacky "British" English vs. "American" English notes for you, to Americans rubbers are not the small pink things you use to remove pencil marks. They are contraceptives, condoms, in fact. Which makes this mental image WAY funnier than you intended!

Ooops,

yeah, I can imagine this. But it would take far more "american rubbers" to kill someone than "british rubbers".
Have to consult the translator more often ;-)

Last edited:

Richard Rawen

First Post
Happy 5th of July!

so I'm late, so sue me.

I was thinking (the smoke is an indicator) that since we are in a new year for the United States, you could give it a nice update or three for it's Birthday... I mean I know 229 is a bit young for such an audacious nation, but it would mean sooooo much to the country as a whole...
Think of it as a Diplomatic gesture... you might avert some catastrophic lack-of-update- motivated-political-upheaval!

:D

Phaedrus

First Post
If July 5 didn't work... how about August 5?

I am new to this story, having read all of ToEE and LoT over the last 2 weeks. Awesome stuff!

One question: how do you pronounce Dabus?

(contact)

Explorer
So, no more than five minutes ago, I found the LoT notes that I'd thought I'd lost in my recent cross-country move, so this story could in theory be updated . . . Joshua Randall tells me that updating this SH will have a profound positive psychological impact. The girlfriend also wants me to update, although I believe this is in the abstract, as she has only ever read a few scenes from the logs.

Phaedrus said:
I am new to this story, having read all of ToEE and LoT over the last 2 weeks. Awesome stuff!

I'm always happy to see new people finding the story, Phaedrus! How did you run across it?

Phaedrus said:
One question: how do you pronounce Dabus?

"dèd?"

His friends call him "Dah-BOO."

Remove ads