• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
It's a part of modern fandom I'll never understand. You don't like a show, stop watching it. You don't like a game, stop playing it. Hate-watching and hate-playing is a waste of what little time we have in this life.
It's one thing to, say, keep reading a book in hopes it gets better--especially if it's a book you'd normally finish in a sitting anyway. Going back to something you actively dislike, week after week ... that seems like a form of insanity.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
It's a part of modern fandom I'll never understand. You don't like a show, stop watching it. You don't like a game, stop playing it. Hate-watching and hate-playing is a waste of what little time we have in this life.
Yeah, I got nothing. There is a thing where people derive pleasure from pain...so maybe it's like that? Like the people who show up to meetings just to argue and complain, or love eating extremely spicy food, or running marathons, or certain um, bedtime activities.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Especially since we will all die with massive unwatched streaming queues, piles of books we've never read and hobby activities we always meant to do.

Stop doing the things you're not enjoying and dive into the piles of stuff waiting to offer you something better.

Ryujin

Legend
I have multiple Shadowdark dungeons I'm working on that are 100% me adapting video games I like. If I do it right, it won't always be obvious and, more importantly, it'll be fun even if you do realize that you're running around inside Diablo 1 -- because Diablo 1 is an awesome template for a dangerous dungeon crawl.
Me, looking back fondly at the time that I made up an adventure based on "Twilight Zone" by Golden Earring, for Dark Conspiracy.

Thomas Shey

Legend
It's one thing to, say, keep reading a book in hopes it gets better--especially if it's a book you'd normally finish in a sitting anyway. Going back to something you actively dislike, week after week ... that seems like a form of insanity.

Though in some cases people can express their dislikes more strongly than actually represents them. You can have people who overall like a property but some things in it just are constant irritations, and those are probably what they'll tend to talk about.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
Though in some cases people can express their dislikes more strongly than actually represents them. You can have people who overall like a property but some things in it just are constant irritations, and those are probably what they'll tend to talk about.
I don't know if I'd call that "hate-watching"--though it would make their contributions to any discussions trend strongly negative.

Remove ads