• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "Everything Sorcerer" Thread

Remathilis

Legend
Plane Sailing said:
If you are having difficulty in keeping your 1st level sorcerers alive, can I recommend that you take a longspear as your simple weapon? Sorcerers get all simple weapons, and that includes the longspear with its marvellous *reach* - so anyone who attempts to attack you in melee must first face an AoO from you.

Best defensive weapon for the low level sorcerer!

Cheers

Oh, me and longspear are going to be FAST friends!

I'm going with a race that gives +2 to cha (a homebrew race) so I'd rather that than human (its other benefits are nice too). Otherwise, Human it'd a-be.

Should I carry more than a longspear + Light Crossbow? Mayhaps a dagger, morningstar or light mace?

If this sorcerer bites it, I might try a socererous gnome with all illusions. However, my DM LOVES undead (and I played a rogue in his campaign for too long...)

Findlefarb

First Post
If I were thinking of choosing human for the Toughness feat, then I'd choose a gnome instead. +2 Con is +1 HP right off the bat, and +1 Fort, +1 Concentration... You also get +1 AC for being small, +4 Hide, and +1 attack. By the time you're level 3, you've already got everything that Toughness gives you, and much more.

And, of course, gnomes get +1 DC for Illusions, so a gnome sorcerous illusionist is a good move.

Finally, gnomes get extra spells. Why use Ventriloquism to distract your opponent when Ghost Sound works as well? Dancing Lights has a bunch of wonderful uses in the right hands.

Gnomes all the way, man. They're the arcane spellcaster race.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads