• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E The Dwimmermount [OOC]

GreenKarl

First Post
Thank you! :)

I did mention it, but it was edited after my initial post, so you might've missed it if you were just remembering the original post when you resolved our actions. Sorry if that's the case; I'll be more careful in the future to get everything in the first time.

So in your next Action post this round, just place her where you want BUT be mindful of the lightning bolt. If you are on the line you are going to need to make the Saving Throw and take damage also.

GreenKarl

First Post
Hmm that is not something I had considered as it has spells from a couple of different colleges... I would say that you would detect Abjuration, Conjuration and Evocation radiating from the eye.

GreenKarl

First Post
OOC: @Greenkarl, the commander's strike attack goes on Magen's turn so Corwin is free to use sneak attack again on his own - or at least that's how I read it. Similar to a wizard casting shield on someone else's turn and still casting a 1+ spell in his own turn.

Am I correct in thinking that we've got a bit of time here before we have to head back to get to the camp before dark?

But Shield is a Reaction to cast so it does not count as the wizard's Action. I am pretty sure Sneak attack can only apply once a turn. Otherwise you could get it again with Opportunity Attacks, etc.

It took you about four hour to get here but it faster going back as you don't have to hatch through the forest etc. So maybe 3 hours. Your still have 5 or 6 hours of daylight although it will started getting dark in 5 hours.

SunGold

First Post
The wording on this rule is poor, but TallIan has the right of it.

Here's Jeremy Crawford clarifying this (and if you read the next two tweets below this one, he specifically says that Commander's Strike works for this).

TallIan

Explorer
From the PHB p74 under commander's strike
"When you take the attack action on your turn ... [specifics on how and who]... That creature can immediately use its reaction to make one weapon attack, adding the superiority die to the attack's damage roll."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads