• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Demon Lords of Out of the Abyss

Nice! Personally, I'm still a bit bummed that Dagon got left out.

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
Ill never accept the bull-in-the-china-shop Orcus. Bring back fat, extra goaty Orcus getting his belly rubbed down by succubi while he eats pork rinds in front a TV set. That's the real Orcus...

I don't know, I always liked the 4E Demon Lord art. The orange mandrill look for Demogorgon was great.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Call me a nostalgic grognard, but I prefer the way Zuggtmoy was represented in T1-4 as a disgusting fungoidal blob. The new drawing is well done and that looks like a cool demoness, but why must all demoness be sexy and alluring to humanoids? Zuggtmoy domain is slimes and fungi so why shoud she appear attractive to humanoids? After all, that's one of the reasons that she resorted to the Element Eivl ruse.

Call me a nostalgic grognard, but I prefer the way Zuggtmoy was represented in T1-4 as a disgusting fungoidal blob. The new drawing is well done and that looks like a cool demoness, but why must all demoness be sexy and alluring to humanoids? Zuggtmoy domain is slimes and fungi so why shoud she appear attractive to humanoids? After all, that's one of the reasons that she resorted to the Element Eivl ruse.

Well fun fact. For her current look, She still is just a bunch of fungus. The fungus on top just happens to look like woman. (Also slimes are Juiblex's domain.)

Here other pictures of her. In this you will note in the way her humanoid mouth opens. From all current description of her. Her moth still opens like that.

View attachment 69340

Here is another that makes it even clearer that it's just a bunch of fungus that looks like a woman.

View attachment 69341

From the concept art of Out of the abyss, it appears that her newest look will be based upon how she appeared on D&D online.

View attachment 69342

Magistus71

Explorer

This is because Gary Gygax wrote in his Gord series of books she can shape change into a beautiful looking woman.

Remove ads

Remove ads