• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Survey Launch | Player's Handbook Playtest 5 | Unearthed Arcana | D&D

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
With their 4 maneuver activations per rest, I'm sure it was utter hell.
Do you find this kind of attitude productive, or do you just like getting it out of your system online?

Anyway, 5 per rest, and you’re still relying entirely on snark and hyperbole, which comes across like you know you’ve a weak position.

doctorbadwolf

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you well, because there was a Fighter near me doing 3 attacks, the equal of 3 spells being cast at once.
Hey feel free to quote me saying that. Otherwise anyone relying on lame snark and laughable hyperbole will just stop being someone whose posts I see, and I’ll go back to actually engaging with the topic at hand.

doctorbadwolf

AOEs can hit multiple targets. Many spells can also hit a single target multiple times.
As I already said, resolving an AoE spell takes less time that resolving multiple attacks. The spells that actually take more time than an attack action are few, and spread out over many levels. And limited in use.

Acting like there is no downside to adding complexity to the attack action because “casters are also complex” is not even an argument, much less a compelling one. It’s just angry flailing.
This you?
Okay? That quote doesn’t even come close to saying the nonsense you tried to claim I had said. 🤷‍♂️

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Having watched, it makes sense that the half-caster was their opening gambit rather than a full caster progression. Pact magic is on the chopping block, no matter what it seems, but cutting Invocations and Pacts as well would have been a bit of a dud.

Remathilis

Legend
Well, I think the nail in the coffin that pact magic WILL NOT be based on short rest. They might go with half-caster, full caster, or some new chart that is a mix (3/4 caster?) but it seems like they will keep them with spells per day. I can live with that.

doctorbadwolf

Having watched, it makes sense that the half-caster was their opening gambit rather than a full caster progression. Pact magic is on the chopping block, no matter what it seems, but cutting Invocations and Pacts as well would have been a bit of a dud.
I doubt cutting pact magic or invocations is even on the table. From watching the video, they consider those more important than the question of how warlock Spellcasting works.

My prediction is we will see 1-5 spell levels on a schedule similar to full casters, with mystic arcanum for 6-9 level spells, and the rest of the class pretty much as presented in the recent UA.

I’d prefer long rest pact magic with max level slots and max -1 and max -2 slots, with at least 1/day easy recharge, but I doubt they will happen to see the idea, see it’s potential, and try it out, all from my survey feedback! 😂

Pact magic is on the chopping block, no matter what it seems, but cutting Invocations and Pacts as well would have been a bit of a dud.
Short rest recharge is on the chopping block - they seem more open on what form the warlock's spell slots take, be it half caster, full progression but fewer slots, or even keeping the existing pact magic system with a different recharge mechanic.

Short rest recharge is on the chopping block - they seem more open on what form the warlock's spell slots take, be it half caster, full progression but fewer slots, or even keeping the existing pact magic system with a different recharge mechanic.
I think this is more likely. Short Rests aren't bad. They are just not right for primary mechanic recharges.

I like the idea of the Half spellcasting alongside possible Mystic Arcanum, alongside Pact Magic being merged into the Subclass' Pact Spells. Perhaps maybe 2 max Pact Spell Slots that recharge daily, useable for your Pact Spells, but you can sacrifice 1 HD to recharge 1 slot when you roll initiative, as a payment to your Patron.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads