• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Supernal Tier? Levels 31+

sukael

First Post
I figure somebody's going to start doing this stuff sooner or later, so I might as well pipe in now with the first thing I've come up with. :p

Really, I think it's fairly solid, though I'm not at all sure that the component and market costs should remain as small as they are.

Limitless Portal

Level: 38
Category: Travel
Time: 10 minutes
Duration: Special
Component Cost: 100,000 gp (see text)
Market Price: 1,000,000 gp
Key Skill: Arcana

This ritual works the same as True Portal, except as noted here.

Your description of your intended location is not limited to place names or other static references; for example, you can say "wherever Princess Katria is" or "the nearest pile of gold." The magic of the ritual interprets your intended destination in the most straightforward way possible.

If the destination is blocked by a warding ritual, such as Forbiddance, Limitless Portal still opens the destination portal at the intended destination if your Arcana roll beats the Will defense of the ward's creator. Otherwise, the ritual opens the destination portal at a point along the ward's boundary; you can see through the portal before you enter, and you don't have to step through if you don't want to.

You can use a teleportation circle as the origin point of this ritual, making minor temporary modifications as part of the ritual. Using a teleportation circle reduces the ritual's component cost to 1,000 gp and grants a +5 bonus to your Arcana check. If using a teleportation circle, you may spend a healing surge as part of the ritual casting to eliminate the ritual's component cost entirely.

malcolm_n

Adventurer
I actually like it. Granted, it'll be hard to swallow for those of us who've finally accepted that dnd has an end with 4e.

I am actually working on Rules for Epic Advancement Points right now. Keep an eye out, I should be able to post something by the end of the month. Hint, think AA points from EQ and Final Fantasy XI

Nymrohd

First Post
I don't see any need for levels above 30. Just add an XP cost to epic benefits (or well since epic is taken, legendary/supernal/whatever). So you can adventure at 30 and gain XP to but benefits like extra feats, extra bility score bonuses, maybe even extra powers.

Remove ads