• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Suggestions for Rooms in an Adventurers Guild HQ

fba827

Adventurer
In my game the PCs are about to come in to the inheritance of a Adventurer's Guild Headquarters.

Because the location will feature prominently through the campaign going forward, I wanted give it some thought.....

What types of rooms should be in this headquarters?

my brainstormed list so far includes:
meeting hall/discussion room for guild matters
sleep chambers for any using it as a crash pad
weapon and armor storage
magic research area with library
foyer
meeting room to meet with clients
kitchen
dining
maybe a garden area with dead plants (the place has been seemingly abandoned for a year+)
a shrine/altar
washroom/bathroom

thoughts on something else i might be forgetting?

A special lounge for displaying trophies collected by the guild from past requests, often materials from monsters left over from submitted catches.

A memorial room for the prominent past members of the guild staff.

A clean room for storing dead adventurers' bodies brought back from quests.

A file storage room for storing the guild's documents.

pming

Legend
Hiya!

In my game the PCs are about to come in to the inheritance of a Adventurer's Guild Headquarters.

Because the location will feature prominently through the campaign going forward, I wanted give it some thought.....

What types of rooms should be in this headquarters?
Go watch the last few seasons (actually, watch all of them! :) ) of the "Supernatural" TV series. I just finished watching all 15 seasons...for the second time. Anyway, about half way through "the boys" find a "special bunker" that they they use. This is what I imagine an "Adventurers Guild House" to sort of 'contain'.

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Most things have been said already, but adding to the excellent answers above:
  • Stables (at least a few horses, potentially a lot of horses and even other (flying?) creatures)
  • Messenger room - with homing pigeons or equivalent, or perhaps more arcane in nature (e.g. paper birds)
  • Lab to make poisons - more or less lethal depending on the alignment of the guild

J-H

Hero
-Tavern/bar area or at least a snack bar
-Private meeting rooms (thick doors, soundproofing, possible magical warding)
-Storage vault for holding high-value items and large amounts of gold for adventurers who don't have Bags of Holding or a secure storage option.
-A few rooms for rent hotel-style
-Training salle & archery range & magical target range
-Stables, if riding is common in the setting

Remove ads