• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Showing Paizo Support [merged with 'Thanks Paizo' thread]

JoeGKushner

First Post
Showing Paizo Support

Well, with things changing for the old mags, figured that I'd show some support for Paizo.

Went up to the local hobby store and picked up 2 Shuul Pistolers, 2 Chaos Cultists, Death Shrine of the Ninja Cult, Fortress Map Pack, City Map Pack, Graveyard Map Pack, Haunted Mansion Map Pack, and Wilderness/Forest Map Pack. They did not have the village one so I'll pick up that latter.

What's everyone else picked up?

Mark Hope

Adventurer
In the last week: Combat Pad, Dungeon Flipmat, Village & Graveyard map packs, Gamers DVD (directors cut), Pathfinder subscription, Kobold King module, Tome of Artifacts and the Deck of Many Things. They're not all Paizo's own brand, but they all came from their store, so I figure they'll get a cut :D. If I like the map packs and the module, I'll be getting more of those lines. My money goes where the class is.

JustKim

First Post
I'm not really a fan of Paizo as a company. They charge 200-250% market price for DDM singles, are slow to ship, and I'm getting junk mail from Ashton-Drake Galleries again after Paizo folks swore they never sell our information to third parties last year. Well, I moved, and the only folks who knew my new address were the utilities, my landlady, my employer, and Paizo because I changed my subscription information online.

There are things I buy from Paizo, and I'm changing my subscriptions to Pathfinder because it seems like a good value. But I am not going to go out of my way to support the company.

delericho

Legend
I switched my existing subs to Pathfinder, which gives me just over a year of that. Other than that, nothing. I even declined the month-to-month sub... I'll see how Pathfinder is, and whether I'm still gaming in Nov '08 before I make a decision on that one.

It's not that I have anything against Paizo (or WotC, or any other RPG company), but pretty much all I'm interested in now is adventure material, and between "Age of Worms", "Savage Tide", "War of the Burning Sky" and the first two Pathfinder APs I have many years of campaign material. Then there's "Red Hand of Doom", "Expedition to the Demonweb Pits", "Expedition to the Ruins of Greyhawk", "Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde", and many other adventures. In short, I have game material to last me for many many years.

Plus, one of the side-effects of using so much pregen adventure material is that I have run nothing but D&D for years, and have stuck pretty close to vanilla D&D. The loss of Dungeon has me strongly considering running other games, or opening the door to much heavier use of house rules and/or supplements. D&D just lost perhaps it's biggest advantage relative to other games for me.

So, I wish Paizo all the best, and if Pathfinder is as good as the previews look then I'll certainly keep getting it, but I'm strongly considering paring my RPG expenditure right back, or even just quitting entirely.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Paizo, thanks for the Golden Age

I returned from my sister's wedding this past weekend to the sad news of the death of my two favorite magazines. After I got over the initial shock, I immediately thought of what has made Dragon and Dungeon my go-to source for D&D material in the past few years.

I've been a long-time, on-and-off subscriber to Dragon (since around issue #54, I believe), and the magazine has never been better than since Erik and the current regime took the reins. I've looked forward every month to finding those little gems in my mailbox, and then ripping open the plastic and pouring through the pages like a kid in a candy store.

Just a few of things I'd like to thank you for...

Thanks for reviving the so-called "dead settings" that many of us love and far prefer to the current settings. Campaign Classics issues are true classics.
Thanks for the revival and continued support of Greyhawk.
Thanks for the Demonomicon, the best series of articles to ever grace the pages of the magazine.
Thanks for bringing back the Creature Catalog.
Thanks for Wandering Monsters.
Thanks for the Shackled City, Age of Worms, and Savage Tide.
Thanks for Core Beliefs.
Thanks for the hundreds of great character options to appear in Class Acts.
Thanks for making the Ecology articles interesting again.
Thanks for allowing a venue for the beloved monsters from past editions that no longer grace the pages of Monster Manuals.
Thanks for remaining true to D&D canon and expanding it in exciting new directions.
Thanks for the Dragon Compendium...I wish you could've made many more.
Thanks for posting here frequently, even when threads were not the most welcome places for you to reply.
Thanks for treating contributers with respect. (It was a pleasure and an honor to contribute to your magazines)

So a big thank-you to Erik, James, Jason, Mike, Wes, Jeremy, other James, and all the rest. I wish you all the best and continued success. I look forward to whatever you guys come up with next.

Note: This thread is intended to be a place to thank Paizo for the fantastic work they've done for D&D. Please save the anger over the end of the magazines for this thread.

rgard

Adventurer
Shade said:
I returned from my sister's wedding this past weekend to the sad news of the death of my two favorite magazines. After I got over the initial shock, I immediately thought of what has made Dragon and Dungeon my go-to source for D&D material in the past few years.

I've been a long-time, on-and-off subscriber to Dragon (since around issue #54, I believe), and the magazine has never been better than since Erik and the current regime took the reins. I've looked forward every month to finding those little gems in my mailbox, and then ripping open the plastic and pouring through the pages like a kid in a candy store.

Just a few of things I'd like to thank you for...

Thanks for reviving the so-called "dead settings" that many of us love and far prefer to the current settings. Campaign Classics issues are true classics.
Thanks for the revival and continued support of Greyhawk.
Thanks for the Demonomicon, the best series of articles to ever grace the pages of the magazine.
Thanks for bringing back the Creature Catalog.
Thanks for Wandering Monsters.
Thanks for the Shackled City, Age of Worms, and Savage Tide.
Thanks for Core Beliefs.
Thanks for the hundreds of great character options to appear in Class Acts.
Thanks for making the Ecology articles interesting again.
Thanks for allowing a venue for the beloved monsters from past editions that no longer grace the pages of Monster Manuals.
Thanks for remaining true to D&D canon and expanding it in exciting new directions.
Thanks for the Dragon Compendium...I wish you could've made many more.
Thanks for posting here frequently, even when threads were not the most welcome places for you to reply.
Thanks for treating contributers with respect. (It was a pleasure and an honor to contribute to your magazines)

So a big thank-you to Erik, James, Jason, Mike, Wes, Jeremy, other James, and all the rest. I wish you all the best and continued success. I look forward to whatever you guys come up with next.

Note: This thread is intended to be a place to thank Paizo for the fantastic work they've done for D&D. Please save the anger over the end of the magazines for this thread.

Agreed. They've done a great job!!! These have been halcyon days!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads