• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rolling a 1 on a damaging saving throw.

mikebr99

Explorer
Everything about the items, and their respective locations matter... see DMG. on how the cue works for magic items getting damaged.

Lord Ben

First Post
Okay, so a 8pt soundburst would get completely absorbed by the hardness of a longsword, correct?

And if they had a +1 goblinsbane longsword (hardness 11, hp 6 right?) and got hit by a 30hp lightning then it'd take half damage from lightning, or 15, then subtract hardness, and it'd take 4pts of real damage leaving 2hp right? That's assuming the item failed it's own seperate saving throw too. I guess that's fair enough, I was envisioning magic items breaking every 2nd or 3rd round if fireballs are cooking off among the PC's. If the item made it's saving throw it would take 7pts of damage, which doesn't bypass the hardness.

S

shurai

Rolling a one on a saving throw? Yikes, that's "damaging" all right!

Yuk yuk!

-S

Baalzebul

First Post
My first estimate would have been about 30hp for full plate. The FAQ details the following system for determining armour stats...

As an object, armor has a hardness appropriate to its construction: 10 for metal, 5 for leather or hide, and 0 for padded armor. (Treat studded leather as leather.) Armor has 5 hit points per point of armor bonus the armor provides.

...which would give full plate 40hp.

Remove ads