• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Redo 2: Select the ONE non d20 game you would play?

Which non d20/D&D game would you play if you could only play ONE?

• Alternity

Votes: 27 5.8%
  • HERO System

Votes: 27 5.8%
  • GURPS

Votes: 42 9.1%
  • Call of Cthulhu - BRP

Votes: 39 8.4%
  • Shadowrun

Votes: 49 10.6%
  • Exalted

Votes: 22 4.8%
  • WEG d6

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Uni-System

Votes: 10 2.2%
  • Ars Magica

Votes: 25 5.4%
  • World of Darkness - new or old

Votes: 38 8.2%
  • Talislanta

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Rolemaster - any version

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Traveller

Votes: 21 4.5%
  • Savage Worlds

Votes: 29 6.3%
  • HARP

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Hackmaster

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Paranoia

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Tri-Stat dx

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Rifts/Palladiumverse

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 59 12.8%

The_Universe

First Post
Surprised that GURPs seems to be winning!

For me, it's WEG's D6 (Star Wars) Baby! It's been half a decade since the last time I played or GMed, but I still remember the stats for Star Destroyers!

Nightchilde-2

First Post
The new World of Darkness (and all it's "sub-games").

World of Darkness.

And, did I mention, World of Darkness and my love for it? If it weren't for Eberron, I'd have scrapped my D&D game.

BluSponge

Explorer
Savage Worlds

Definately would have to be Savage Worlds, with Castle Falkenstein being a close runner up.

SW is the first game I've played in a loooooong time that has given me all the elements of play that I loved and at the same time is fast and flexible enough to easily handle most of the genres I like to play. So far, it has handled fantasy and post-apocalyptic science-fantasy like a dream. I expect it will only get better.

And Castle Falkenstein is just the coolest game ever printed! So it has to be on my list.

Tom

Henry

Autoexreginated
Savage Worlds is good, but I selected Shadowrun on the basis that it's a cool setting. The Dice rolls don't set well with me, but I'd be willing to look past it for the setting. :)

Doc_Klueless

Doors and Corners
Supporter
paulewaug said:
I am interested in finding out more about the original FadingSuns, I have the d20 version but could not honestly care any less about a d20 game...
(except "basic d&d")
There was a free introductory booklet about the Fading Suns game (FSVPS) available on the HDI website, but it appears the link to it is broken now that they've revamped their site. I've attached a zipped up copy of it here.

Mr/Mrs/Ms Moderator, if the attachment is too large, feel free to delete it (of course) and send me a kind note letting me know the max size of attachments allowed on EN World.

Read, enjoy!

Attachments

• FSIntro2.zip
    990.1 KB · Views: 71

Acid_crash

First Post
I'm surprised Shadowrun is as popular as it is. I have nothing really against the game, I like how the dice system works and how everybody's health is based on the same chart (no individual hit points, something most games might be able to take a lesson on).

Right now Shadowrun is #1.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads