• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Recommend me Some Paizo adventurers

EricNoah

Adventurer
If it were winter in my campaign I'd run Carnival of Tears right this minute. Kinda kills me that it's just early Summer in my game -- I am going to look into ways to change the "winter" premise.

I've subscribed to Pathfinder but I haven't gotten any of the GameMastery modules yet. Out of the ones released though Crown of the Kobold King and Carnival of Tears look the most interesting. I imagine I'll grab them both sooner or later.

Olaf the Stout

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
EricNoah said:
If it were winter in my campaign I'd run Carnival of Tears right this minute. Kinda kills me that it's just early Summer in my game -- I am going to look into ways to change the "winter" premise.
*cough* Spellplague *cough*

GlassJaw

Hero
The first 3 Pathfinder modules are awesome, as in exceptionally good. The newest one (#4), Fortress of the Stone Giants, is kind of blah. It's fixable if you are running the whole series though.

Pinotage

Explorer
Mark said:
The Paizo adventures and the GR Bleeding Edge adventures have all impressed me.

Definitely. Add in Goodman Games and you're almost set for adventure. For Paizo most of what I've seen is good. I don't think GR are doing any more Bleeding Edge until 4e, presumably. Nor are GG doing DCCs any more either.

Most of the Paizo Gamemastery line is very good, with excellent production quality.

Crown of the Kobold King, Conquest of Bloodsword Vale - all good.

Pinotage

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

I bought and enjoyed reading Crown of the Kobold King and Entombed with the Pharoahs. However, my favourites so far are the creepy adventures in Pathfinder #2 & #3, full of flavour and some gruesome horror elements - think Children of the Corn, Deliverance and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Cheers

Richard

Arnwyn

First Post
One does have to keep an eye on their Gamemastery adventures. It's there where they try some of the weirder stuff. I'm trying to remember a thread over at Paizo that points out some of the wackier elements in the Gamemastery adventures... some include things like "wand guns", nanotechnology, and stuff like that.

The Pathfinders are great, but a little too heavily invested in all that "Golarion" world-building stuff for my taste. Not as adaptable to other campaign settings that I would like (certainly no where near Dungeon mags ease of use), but Paizo has made no bones about the fact that this Golarion thing is important to them. But the maps... wow. Lots of very interesting and cool locations (notably Sandpoint and vicinity in #1 and the city of Magnimar - with very unique landmarks - in #2).

They are all extremely good looking and well-formatted, though (both the Pathfinders and the Gamemastery ones).

Remove ads