• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Published Warm Settings.

Silvercat Moonpaw

Adventurer
I've been having a bit of a warm kick lately regarding the climate of my RPG settings, and so I'm looking for any good ones that have a lack of cold climes. Preferably the kind with a lot of civilization in them, more Arabian and South Asian than African or Aztec.

Shemeska

Adventurer

shemmysmile.gif

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Hamunaptra by Green Ronin
Necropolis (mega adventure, but not full-on setting) by Necromancer Games and Gary Gygax
Ancient Kingdoms - Mesopotamia by Necromancer Games
Oathbound Arena by Bastion Press if you're looking for something a little more unusual
Sandstorm by WotC to give you some good rules for your warm climate games
Tales of the Caliphate Nights for True20, which is very much inspired by Arabian Nights

Korgoth

First Post
Empire of the Petal Throne. Tsolyanu makes the Giza plateau look like Karelia.

You can get the original 1975 rules (well, the Different Worlds reprint) from Carl Brodt at Tita's House of Games. Yes... still in print after all these years! I'm running it right now and I really like it.

Silvercat Moonpaw

Adventurer
I hope they have a PDF version somewhere.
Tales of the Caliphate Nights for True20, which is very much inspired by Arabian Nights
Does it include a lot of mythological information and info on places around the Indian Ocean?
I hear Athas from Dark Sun is rather toasty. ;)
A little too barren for me. ;)

Thanael

Explorer
Which ruleset? The 2E Al Qadim setting is gorgeous. Especially if combined with The Complete Book of Necromancers and the dragon article "Scimitars against the Dark" from Dragon #198 which give Al Qadim's Arabaian Adventures feel a Clark Ashton Smith dark horror twist.

Check out the CBoN link above and the free downloads of Corsairs of the Great Sea and Caravans on WotC for a glimpse of the production quality. Al-Qadim Resource Files has some more free stuff.

If you want to play 3E there is a 3E rules conversion on www.zakhara.com, www.Al-qadim.com and www.ArabianAdventures.org. Also there have been some articles in Dragon magazine with Al'Qadim class conversions to 3e:

* Sha' ir core class (in Dragon 315)
* Barber, Corsair, Holy Slayer, and Mamluk prestige classes (in Dragon 321)

GreenGiant already converted a lot of the NPCs to 3E in his threads here and here

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads