• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder's Goblins

Havlo

First Post
Question...

In the Paizo blog, under fact #5, it says "They're Sneaky: An excited or angry goblin is a noisy, chattering, toothy menace, but even then, they can drop into an unsettling silence in a heartbeat. This, matched with their diminutive size, makes them unnervingly adept at hiding in places you'd never expect� stacks of firewood, rain barrels, under logs, under chicken coops, in ovens, etc."

Are they actually going to be diminutive size in game terms? Cause that would be sweet! They should at least be Tiny. Imagine a horde of the little buggers coming at you like a swarm.....death by cutesy evilness.....mmmmmm

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
No, they're unchanged in stats. 3E has done its best to assign a specific gaming meaning to every word in the English language, but I applaud Paizo for actually using a word like normal people do. :p

Havlo

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
No, they're unchanged in stats. 3E has done its best to assign a specific gaming meaning to every word in the English language, but I applaud Paizo for actually using a word like normal people do. :p

Yeah, I know, but it would have been cool to have a swarm of these guys. They could just make it a new creature, diminutive in size, and call it a goblin....<sigh> I'll just have to make my own to torment my players. ;)

Voadam

Legend
Havlo said:
Yeah, I know, but it would have been cool to have a swarm of these guys. They could just make it a new creature, diminutive in size, and call it a goblin....<sigh> I'll just have to make my own to torment my players. ;)

Rename and change the description of Jermlaine (sp?).

Kae'Yoss

First Post
teitan said:
So it is only 2 bucks less for the subscription? That can add up so I may just do that when I get the money in my account...

Well, you pay 13.99 (19.99 with 30% off) for the Book, but shipping is another $4 (5 for international). And of course, they throw the PDF in for free.

Vanuslux

Explorer
Kae'Yoss said:
Well, you pay 13.99 (19.99 with 30% off) for the Book, but shipping is another $4 (5 for international). And of course, they throw the PDF in for free.

It doesn't matter if the book costs a buck and the shipping is $16.99...the ultimate cost for the subscription is $17.99 per issue. That's the only reason I probably won't be buying Pathfinder unless they offer a PDF-only subscription at a price comparable to the cost-per-page of DCCs.

Vanye

Explorer
The song(s) go eerily well to the tune of MARCH OF CAMBREADTH as sung by Heather Alexander.

Enough so that they're creeping through my head right now...
*shudder*

Krolik

First Post
Vanuslux said:
It doesn't matter if the book costs a buck and the shipping is $16.99...the ultimate cost for the subscription is $17.99 per issue. That's the only reason I probably won't be buying Pathfinder unless they offer a PDF-only subscription at a price comparable to the cost-per-page of DCCs.
First, you generally can't compare the cost-per-page of a black and white product to the cost-per-page to a full color product. Second, let's look at a recent DCC product: #44. The book runs $12.99 for 48 black and white pages, and that doesn't include shipping or sales tax. That's 27 cents per page. Pathfinder's shipped to you for $17.99 at 18.7 cents per page and you get a free pdf. Seems like Pathfinder has it beat. Even if you only compare the cost of the pdfs you have $7.99 for DCC #44, or 16.6 cents per, and $13.99 for Pathfinder, or 14.5 cents per. It looks more then comparable to me.

Last edited:

Remove ads