• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder's Goblins

helium3

First Post
Uhhh. Here's what I meant about the thing from Cat's Eye.

cats_eye.jpg

Stupid thingy. Now I'll have to actually put the picture somewhere else. Grrr . . .

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Krolik said:
First, you generally can't compare the cost-per-page of a black and white product to the cost-per-page to a full color product. Second, let's look at a recent DCC product: #44. The book runs $12.99 for 48 black and white pages, and that doesn't include shipping or sales tax. That's 27 cents per page. Pathfinder's shipped to you for $17.99 at 18.7 cents per page and you get a free pdf. Seems like Pathfinder has it beat. Even if you only compare the cost of the pdfs you have $7.99 for DCC #44, or 16.6 cents per, and $13.99 for Pathfinder, or 14.5 cents per. It looks more then comparable to me.

Well, Crypt of the Devil Lich is 14.99 for 96 pages, Vault of the Dragon Kings is 12.99 for 128 pages, and Dungeon Interludes is 11.99 for 88 pages. Those seem the comparison points as opposed to a 48 page one due to the economies of printing/developing bigger books with all the art.

I got a couple DCCs when they are on sale, but I'm not buying them at Goodman's full pdf prices, and I won't be getting pathfinder at Paizo's 13.99 pdf only price point.

It looks like a good deal for the print versions with included pdf, but for pdf only it is quite steep IMO. I will be getting a lot of Necromancer and EN Publishing (War of the Burning Sky) modules before considering these at these prices.

Krolik

First Post
Voadam said:
Well, Crypt of the Devil Lich is 14.99 for 96 pages, Vault of the Dragon Kings is 12.99 for 128 pages, and Dungeon Interludes is 11.99 for 88 pages. Those seem the comparison points as opposed to a 48 page one due to the economies of printing/developing bigger books with all the art.
Those pdfs are the exception though, not the norm. Out of DCC's 50 products only only 6 have 80 or more pages and one of those is the box set. 36 have 48 pages or less. But even in your example Crypt of the Devil Lich pdf is $1.00 more then Pathfinder pdf for the same number of pages.

Voadam

Legend
Krolik said:
Those pdfs are the exception though, not the norm. Out of DCC's 50 products only only 6 have 80 or more pages and one of those is the box set. 36 have 48 pages or less. But even in your example Crypt of the Devil Lich pdf is $1.00 more then Pathfinder pdf for the same number of pages.

? :confused:

There are only six with similar page counts to compare it to, so it is more relevant to compare it to the ones with more dissimilar page counts?

I could just as easily say I'm only considering buying one right now, so obviously I should go with the adventure begins because it has the best price per page ratio of any of them.

It makes more sense though to me to compare apples to apples, 96 page products to close to 96 page products when doing price per page rather than to books half or three times that size with different economies of scale in their production that you know will affect price per page.

Krolik

First Post
Voadam said:
There are only six with similar page counts to compare it to, so it is more relevant to compare it to the ones with more dissimilar page counts?

I could just as easily say I'm only considering buying one right now, so obviously I should go with the adventure begins because it has the best price per page ratio of any of them.
I think you missed my intended point. If you're in the market to buy adventures most of the DCC line is going to have a higher cost-per-page then Pathfinder. After you run through those 5 adventures (not counting the gazetteer boxset) what do you do then? You're left with buying 32 or 48 page pdfs that end up costing you much more per-page. It's not as though Goodman Games is publishing 96+ page books every month. Pathfinder is.

It makes more sense though to me to compare apples to apples, 96 page products to close to 96 page products when doing price per page rather than to books half or three times that size with different economies of scale in their production that you know will affect price per page.
Comparing apples to apples a Pathfinder pdf is both full color and cheaper then the Crypt of the Devil Lich pdf; and it's substantially cheaper then buying two 48 page DCC adventures.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Heh, even if I never get another issue of Pathfinder I am getting the first one - those are great goblins! I will likely change their type to Fey, and keep everything else. :) The second also looks good, so that is two likely purchases at the least.

The Auld Grump

Hidden Master

First Post
Vanye said:
The song(s) go eerily well to the tune of MARCH OF CAMBREADTH as sung by Heather Alexander.

Enough so that they're creeping through my head right now...
*shudder*

Eek...you're right. I'm surprised, considering my near-obsessive love of that song, that I didn;t notice before now...

*shudder* is right...nasty little goblin voices....

Gothmog

First Post
Well, Reaper has once again made some kick-a$$ minis of goblins almost identical to the ones in that painting. I remember seeing greens of these back in Jan or Feb- its just odd how similar they are to WAR's gobbos in that painting. I picked up 2 packs today. Check them out.

Attachments

• reapergobs.jpg
    reapergobs.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 121

Remove ads