• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Physical Copy

James Jacobs

Adventurer
We've posted several samples of art over at our blog at Paizo from Pathfinder 2 for anyone who's interested in seeing where we're headed with the art. Basically, you can expect to see art more in the style we were working with for the magazines; as Erik mentioned above, we were VERY pressed for time with Pathfinder 1, and that goes for the artists as well. For the next few volumes, it'll be a continually evolving process setting down the feel and look of Pathfinder, but as early as #2 we'll be pretty close to where we want to be.

As for the "black and white" Pathfinder's Journal... going forward it'll be more of a sepia tone. We wanted it to look like an in-game journal, with drawings that looked more like sketches. The first one didn't come out quite like we were thinking; again... Pathfinder 2 is closer to the way it'll be.

Rauol_Duke

First Post
James Jacobs said:
We've posted several samples of art over at our blog at Paizo from Pathfinder 2 for anyone who's interested in seeing where we're headed with the art.

Here's a link for anyone whose interested in seeing what James is talking about - just scroll to the bottom of the page. Good stuff.

Last edited:

Treebore

First Post
Ghendar said:
So her hair bends like that as well? ;)

Seriously though, variety in artwork can be attained without the anime influence. I'm encouraged by Eric Mona's comments about less Dragonball Z looking artwork.

Actually, when she dressed up as a mean old witch for holloween last year, yes.

Treebore

First Post
Ghendar said:
Seriously though, variety in artwork can be attained without the anime influence. I'm encouraged by Eric Mona's comments about less Dragonball Z looking artwork.

Another reason why I am probably fine with it is I like Anime/manga art.

The_Gneech

Explorer
Actually, I like elves with super-long ears, myself. :) If people like the hippie weirdness of Erol Otus even though it's not strictly representational, there's no reason not to like the manga-weirdness of long-eared elf chicks.

It's purely arbitrary!

-The Gneech :cool:

Ghendar

First Post
The_Gneech said:
Actually, I like elves with super-long ears, myself. :) If people like the hippie weirdness of Erol Otus even though it's not strictly representational, there's no reason not to like the manga-weirdness of long-eared elf chicks.

It's purely arbitrary!

As is pretty much any opinion.

Remove ads