• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder - Bestiary

Voadam

Legend
Ooh, 10 monsters 64 pages, orcs, ogres, goblins, hobgoblins, trolls, bugbears, plus others. That leaves four to be filled. I bet stone giants are one of the others from the pathfinder hints. Over ten pages per monster, thats a lot of description.

I wonder how much the pdf will be. Hopefully less than the print version.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Voadam said:
Ooh, 10 monsters 64 pages, orcs, ogres, goblins, hobgoblins, trolls, bugbears, plus others. That leaves four to be filled. I bet stone giants are one of the others from the pathfinder hints. Over ten pages per monster, thats a lot of description.
Stone giants does seem likely. Are there any other monsters that we know will be prominently featured in the first Pathfinder AP or early on in the second one?

Shade

Monster Junkie
I got my copy of Pathfinder #1 yesterday.

The Bestiary immediately stood out as something I'm really going to enjoy. :cool:

Rauol_Duke

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Stone giants does seem likely. Are there any other monsters that we know will be prominently featured in the first Pathfinder AP or early on in the second one?

Well there's a Sinspawn on the cover of the Classic Monsters Revisited , but I don't know if that's just place-holder art or not. I hope they are featured in the book, as I would like to have more information on them than is presented in the Burnt Offerings Bestiary.

JoshuaFrost

First Post
Rauol_Duke said:
Well there's a Sinspawn on the cover of the Classic Monsters Revisited , but I don't know if that's just place-holder art or not. I hope they are featured in the book, as I would like to have more information on them than is presented in the Burnt Offerings Bestiary.

I really need to strongly encourage our web folks to put "NOT FINAL COVER" under mock-ups. :)

So, yeah, it's not a final cover.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
The sinspawn is too esoteric to make it into "Classic Monsters Revisited." It is not, after all, a "classic monster" (at least not yet).

Goblins and probably ogres are a lock. Several of the other "base" humanoids are also likely, per the product description, but we haven't completely finalized the line-up yet.

--Erik

Voadam

Legend
Final four guesses:

Since the 6 mentioned are all humanoid in form I'm guessing they would go with that theme

7 stone giants

8 lizard men

9 kobold

10 minotaur, harpy, or hill giant

If they expand to classic critters I think the owlbear would be a possibility.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Assuming this is a hit (and I hope it is -- you've certainly got a customer here), I hope you guys consider compiling your bestiary articles every year or so as well.

Treebore

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Assuming this is a hit (and I hope it is -- you've certainly got a customer here), I hope you guys consider compiling your bestiary articles every year or so as well.

Now that they are not under the thumb of WOTC I am sure they will. Assuming monster books sell as well as I think they do.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads